Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 24/7 Pro DS in .45acp a few months ago, love the gun very accurate fun to shoot. What does the DS stand for also i've tried numerious types of ammo what is the cleanest burning and most accurate target round. Am using Blazer ammo which is very clean with ok accuracy. Thanx

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome and congrats on you new purchase!!!

The DS stands for 'decocking safety" and as for ammo I have been shooting Federal Champion (in a Ruger since my 24/7 isnt here yet) and it seem to be fairly accurate and pretty clean. It runs about the same price as the blazer and you can usually pick up a case of 1000 off gunbroker for around $200.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas and Happy New Year!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, the friendliest handgun forum on the Internet!

Your 24/7 Pro DS is one of the finest lines of handguns that Taurus makes, in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! I agree with MPG bout the 24/7. I have 4 and love them all

·
Registered
612 Posts
lol I always assumed it ment double strike.. hah learning new things every day.

·
Registered
548 Posts
lol I always assumed it ment double strike.. hah learning new things every day.
The "double strike" would be the DA/SA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased a 24/7 Pro DS in .45acp a few months ago, love the gun very accurate fun to shoot. What does the DS stand for also i've tried numerious types of ammo what is the cleanest burning and most accurate target round. Am using Blazer ammo which is very clean with ok accuracy. Thanx

Thanx everyone for the warm welcome and the info really appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
The "double strike" would be the DA/SA
hmm I mean Duel strike. referring to the second strike capability of the 24/7 pro. I just caught myself thinking it again when looking at the topic header. duel strike.. bah, guess I gotta re-learn that. But its not called duel its called Second strike capability. so I guess if that's what the designation was referring to, the muzzle of our Taurus would read 24/7 pro SS, I don't know how comfortable I'd feel carrying something with SS stamped on the muzzle.

·
Registered
36,663 Posts
well actually the "PRO" means its a single action/ double action-- Not Da/Sa as the main function of the wepaon is single action.
the DS stands for decocker safety, the decocker is the means in which you can place the weapon in double action mode for the first shot.
if you want the weapon to be a single action first shot then either place the safety on (no decock) or do not use the safety or decocker, this of course after placing a round in the chamber.
as for msot accurate ammo?? depends on the gun and the shooter.
cleanest??
generally a premium ammunition whether hollow point or FMj, the dirtiest I think will be the Winchester White Box or at least i haven't found any dirtier, but hey solvent and elbow grease takes care of those problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts