Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 24/7 pro DS .40 off of buckeye on here about 2 months ago. In that time I have put in a total of 1300 rounds down the pipe.

Here is what my thoughts are after shooting and owning this gun.

Ergonomics,

The gun feels amazing in my hand, points well and memory pads are great.
Checkering on the grip is agressive but no so much that is is rough to hold and it has finger grooves that work well with my personal hands.

Sights
Mine came from the factory a little off center, I had alot of problems shooting left with them until I figured it out and corrected the problem.
Although the sights are not the brightest, you can still get a good sight picture. Also they are raised enough to do a belt rack if needed.

Capacity

15 plus one, very exceptional capacity, almost as high as the majority of 9mm handguns. Most in .40 come out to around 12 or 13 ( my XD had a 13 and 10 round )

Trigger

The shape of the trigger helps to force you to use a correct trigger pull.
DA pull is long but not to stiff.
SA pull is long with no tension on it, then it gets to the breaking point and little resistance, Trigger reset is however very very short.

Reliability.

I've had 1 failure to eject in my first 100 rounds, 1 failure to fire. However that was an ammo issue as I used the double strike and hit the primer a good 10 times and punched the center out of it. Still didnt go off.

It does not feed hydra-shok hollow points very well at all, These are the only rounds i've had problems feeding.

Accuracy,

This machine is capable of driving tacks, however I am not, I can get good 2-3" groups at 10-15 yrds but I know the gun is capable of doing better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like its working good did you have any magazine issues with the 40 because I've heard the 45's had some problems .

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for posting your excellent review of your 24/7 Pro DS .40.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts