Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine (new shooter) has a 24/7 Pro DS C in .40 cal. He has been complaining that the magazine drops out every time he shoots it. I kept telling him it was him hitting the release when he fires the gun. Well we finally made it to the range together and I of course wanted to show him he was bumping the mag release. Well everytime I fired the pistol the mag dropped out. Tried both magazines same result. The Magazine locks in fine and you can not pull it out without pushing the release button. Is there a spring thay may need to be replaced on the mag release? The mag release button is very easy to push in, so I am thinking that may be the problem.

Second observation: The trigger pull is extremely light. It has a long trigger pull but there is no build up before it fires. Dry firing the gun I felt no tension in the trigger pull at all before the firing pin released. Is this normal?

He bought the gun used from a local gun shop and does not have any history on it. They offered to trade it in for him but only want to give him $150.00. For that I will buy it and send it in to Taurus. Just don't want to send it back if it is working normal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts