Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
I've got a 24/7 9mm that I got new about 2yrs ago probable ran +-500 rds throug it. All makes, usually what ever is cheapest. I really like it and enjoy shooting it. Another family member has a pt92 roughly identical stats. The last time I shot it I ran about 5rds of Walmart Tula and it stoppes shooting. I could pull the trigger all the way and nothing. I took the mag out and kinda jiggled it a little(while keeping down range) while the trigger was depressed and it fired. Long story short, sent it back for a huge shipping fee and they fixed it saying broken trigger.
The other pt92 was shooting the same ammo and only had one issue, seemed like it was a FTF but it after that it finished the mag no problems. Now, in the process of taking the grips off of it, a spring falls out. Looks like the trigger bar spring. Looks like it has been sheared.

My question is could this have been caused by the ammo? I havent been able to really find an answer. We really could not tell if the ammo was acting hotter than it was supposed since we didnt have anything else to gauge it by.
Also any recommendations the best cheapest way to get it fixed?

thanks

I guess this really should have been in the PT92 section, oops :)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't think the ammo caused the problem and I suggest you bring it to your local gunsmith for a repair quote.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I would not have thought the ammo was the deal either but it just seemed uncanny that both pistols would have issues at the same time. Thanks again for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts