Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy, but noticed the Taurus website is messed up (i.e., calls the 3.3" barrel compact a "Long Slide": http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=104&category=Pistol ) and a number of dealer websites say the .40 compact comes with two 15 round mags.

For those of you that own a .40 24/7 Pro C...did yours come with an 11 round flush fit and a 15 round extended mag with sleeve? Did anyone get one with two 15 round mags?

I want the former combo, but would hate to order from a dealer advertising two 15 round mags (thinking that they made a mistake in advertising) only to find Taurus is in fact shipping some Pro Cs with two 15 rounders.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My local FFL has friends who work for various firearms distributors (e.g., RSR Group). If I bought from an actual store, I'm sure they'd open it for me and verify the contents. But all three distributors I spoke to said their lawyers forbid them from opening any of the factory-sealed boxes. Their fear is that some buyer kills someone with a weapon they sold, and the victims family goes after the distributor for "doctoring" the weapon to make it more lethal. I know...I know...but this is the world we live in. I can get excellent prices ($299 for the SS compact, $465 for a PT 1911) from a distributor, but sometimes they get bad info from the factories. I figured some of the buyers here can provide a little extra confirmation before I do the deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.