Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got new taurus 24/7proc.where can you find mags at agood price.gb has them for $35 gander mtn $44 anyone cheaper. or is the normal prices :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking for some mags also for my Taurus. Is the factory mags the most reliable and the most recommended from you veteran Taurus owners? Or are some of the after market mags just as good?

·
Registered
29 Posts
just wondering, why are you guys looking for extra mag? IS there something that I don't know? 17 and 13 in the factory clip is more the enough, no?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
There are many reasons to have extra mags.

Having an extra mag or two in a fight could save your life. No one says that you have to shoot them all.

Also, it makes it a lot easier and more fun at the range when you don't have to stop and reload mags every 30 rounds or so.

Even if you don't use them for the above reasons. Having one or two new mags would be very handy should something happen to your original mags. Loss, theft, malfunction, etc.

Oh, and chances are, prices won't be going down on extra mags. Unless maybe that pistol is discontinued.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
swak6287 said:
just wondering, why are you guys looking for extra mag? IS there something that I don't know? 17 and 13 in the factory clip is more the enough, no?
For my PT111, I have currently 5 mags, 4 12's and a 17 for a 24/7. If I am carrying all, that gives me 65 rounds on hand to shoot before reloading.

·
Registered
250 Posts
And Robby, I'm guessing the odds are in your favor you'll hit something (probably everything) in a gun fight! Lots of rounds to go around. ;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chances are if I have to carry that many rounds, I better run instead. LOL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
SinCity said:
Chances are if I have to carry that many rounds, I better run instead. LOL
If I actually carried all those mags at same time, I would have to gun fight, because I couldn't run. Most are for range trips (I hate to reload every few targets). My carry load will be one 12 rd in gun, and prob. the 17 rd on the belt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like having at least 5 mags for each different gun i own just me but if they stop making them or selling them for some demacrapic reason i will atleast have 5 :mad: :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanted to make sure I could get the 13 rounders so I called up Taurus and the CSR told me I could only order the 17s. If the 13s are gonna be that hard to get.. jeez. I have pretty big hands, but the 13s finger rest makes the 247c a perfect fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts