Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a 24/7 pro c 40 ss as soon as my local gun shop can locate one. The price is $349.00 plus tax. Is this a good price? Also, what magazine(s) should this come with? Any other information you may have on this gun would really be appreciated too. I plan on using this gun as my everyday ccw. Thank you.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
$349 is pretty good - probably lower than most. It should come with two mags, just like the regular and OSS. If you haven't seen the two videos on taurususa.com then you should - it shows the kind of abuse the pistol can take, how to break it down for cleaning, all kinds of stuff. Pretty good info - I imagine it's on youtube as well. I think you made a great choice for ccw - mine is a Mil Pro 145 but if they made a 24/7 compact in 45, I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, does anyone else have this firearm, and have any +/-? Also, what magazine(s) did it come with?

·
Registered
75 Posts
pbs76 said:
So, does anyone else have this firearm, and have any +/-? Also, what magazine(s) did it come with?
I have the 9 version. Comes with a compact mag and a full length mag with a spacer. I believe in .40 the compact mag holds 11 and the full length will hold 15 just like the standard 24/7

Mine's been great. Haven't shot it much, just 400 rounds so far but its been flawless. For being a double column gun it's a hair under 1" thick and holds 14 rounds of 9mm and the back up mag holds 17. I love it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi ALL!

My first post!

I recently purchased a 24/7 here in Florida for $239.

Best price I could find anywhere.

Have shot 250 rounds so far and I love this gun! (No misfires or jams of any kind!)

·
Registered
75 Posts
hlaser said:
Hi ALL!

My first post!

I recently purchased a 24/7 here in Florida for $239.

Best price I could find anywhere.

Have shot 250 rounds so far and I love this gun! (No misfires or jams of any kind!)

Hi there. Great price and nice shooting!

Just a friendly FYI though. They have a section for member introductions. You should post there as this thread is about the 24/7 Pro C.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I talked to my local gun shop today, and I received bad news. He told me that all of his reps were out of the .40 cal Taurus 24/7 Pro Compact, and he didn't know when they would get any in. Does anyone know of anywhere in the DFW area that has this pistol in stock?

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
You might check at the Bullet Trap in Plano - I saw a compact there, it very well could have been a 40 cal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Bullet Trap is who I was dealing with. All they have is the one 9mm, and can't find any .40's anywhere. Thanks, though.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Try DFW Gun Range on Mockingbird - they might have something.....thats my last card to play, podnah. O0

·
Registered
37 Posts
i think academy has started carrying them, but i can't remember if it was the full size or the compact.

i would immediately suggest sportman's warehouse in lewisville, but they closed this month! :((

otherwise, the bass pro in garland or grapevine might have it (but i think their prices are a bit unreasonable for guns).

you could also check out the gander mountain in either corsicana or sherman, but if i recall they only had the pt111.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Bass Pro can have some decent sales on ammo, but their handguns are WAY overpriced - at least $80-100 more per gun than at other places.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kames Sports in N.Canton Ohio has one left for $309. I know that your in the DFW area but If you have any way to purchase this and have it shipped to you, you may still save a little money. www.kamessports.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to everyone for your help. I ordered one today from another local gunshop. I will holler back after a trip to the range.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts