Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to put my hands on the new 24/7 PRO C .45 today from my local dealer!

As many have guessed, the new model has incorporated a Decocker just like the one from a OSS. The pistol grip has the "ribber" grip style, however, it is not rubber but composed from the same material as the frame. The new grip is well designed, and fits like perfect in the hand (I may have to upgrade my beloved PT145).
The gun comes with both a 10rd. and 12rd mag. with a fitted spacer for the 12rd. mag to complete the full sized grip.
Also, for those who are not fans of the Heinie sights, nice 3 dot sights (Novak looking with serrated backs to reduce glare and bright white dots) complete the sweet new pistol package.

Overall.... A sweet new pistol from Taurus!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Okay, did you shoot it yet? We need the poop on it.
I went with the 24/7PRO C .40 cal because the Ribber grips felt better than the 45s hard grip.
Let me know please.

·
32,734 Posts
Excellent gun. Have to give us a obligatory gun range report. Like the National Inquirer, inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Soon as the skeets,flooding, and temps get to bearable there are a couple of guns that need trying out here.LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
What did you pay for it? No dealers in Little Rock carrying this one yet...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not decided just yet to buy it... My dealers price for the SS mod. is $339.00, not to bad! I have got to justify buying one to upgrade PT145, which is hard because I am a bit partial to my little .45. Not to mention, with over 2,000+ trouble free rounds through my current carry gun, I'll be hard pressed to replace. But knowing me, I'll buy it just for sh*ts and giggles to add to the collection!!! After all, one can never have to many .45's!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TheBulldog said:
Okay, did you shoot it yet? We need the poop on it.
I went with the 24/7PRO C .40 cal because the Ribber grips felt better than the 45s hard grip.
Let me know please.
The grip on the new 24/7 PRO C .45 looks just like the "ribber" grip on the .40, just that it was composed of the material the frame is made of.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gholcomb said:
I have not decided just yet to buy it... My dealers price for the SS mod. is $339.00, not to bad! I have got to justify buying one to upgrade PT145, which is hard because I am a bit partial to my little .45. Not to mention, with over 2,000+ trouble free rounds through my current carry gun, I'll be hard pressed to replace. But knowing me, I'll buy it just for sh*ts and giggles to add to the collection!!! After all, one can never have to many .45's!
Ok, I could not stand it any more... I put a deposit on the new PRO today. I'll give a range report and photos as soon as I get it home.

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
Sounds sweet, but the only way I could justify one would be to trade in my PT145, which ain't gonna happen.....but hey, I can still dream :yipee:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've been waiting for Taurus to finally release this gun.... but no one here in Phoenix has them yet... there is a gun show next weekend, I hope someone has one at that $339 price ! If so... color it gone! LOL
"Nuf said

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just sent a question to Bud's gunshop about sending a handgun to upstate NY,of course it will go to my dealer.
The reason I asked is I thought Bud's auctions on gunbroker said they don't ship anything but long guns to NY anywhere,if that's the case he will never get any business from me at all.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Try getting it on gallery of guns yet? At least price it out there, they will have dealers in your area and all you pay is what the bill is from Davidsons.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/
It's how I have been buying now for a while.

·
Registered
522 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts