Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 Taurus PT 24/7 Pros in both 45 ACP and 9mm. Both of these guns are very accurate and have not misfired or failed to feed one time. The 45 was smooth right out of the box and after about 400 rounds has only become smoother. The 9mm has only had about 65 rounds through it, but appears to be stiffer. I am hoping it will loosen up as more rounds are fired.

The biggest thing I am finding with the 9mm is when I use the de-cocker, it requires quite a bit more upward force to get the gun to de-cock than the 45 does. Also, when the 9mm does de-cock, the de-cocking lever remains in that position, it does not drop back down to the "safety" position like the 45 does.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I called Taurus and was going to send the 9mm back to them to look at, but $65 shipping has me thinking that while it isn't as smooth, it is working, so I'll just keep shooting it.

I am also hearing a rattling in the 9mm magazine when I have 15 or so rounds in it. Haven't checked it yet with a full mag, and haven't taken the mag apart yet. Any ideas on what that might be?​

·
Registered
205 Posts
i have a 9mm and havent experienced anything with the decocker like that. the magazine rattling i have experienced, as long as there is nothing jamming then the mag is fine. the rattling is from the design of the round, it is slightly tapered front front to back. if you google "9mm magazine rattle" you will find a bunch of items on it. the .40 and .45 are straight walled which it why you dont experience this in those chamberings.

·
Registered
36,301 Posts
well the main problem is that your 24/7 Pro has a decocker!, they should not have this apparatus!
now i assume that what you actully have is a 24/7 Pro D/S -( Decocker safety).
All of this really sound like the weapon has never actually been throughly cleaned?
sounds to me like you still have a bunch of the factory gooop inside the pistol, only you can answer this!
have you field stripped the pistol(s), taken a can of pressurized gun scrubber and sprayed out all the hidden nooks and crannies(including the slide area) around the decocker, the firing pin hole, trigger assembly and anyhwere else that you can't reach with a Cloth or hand?
the mags rattling shouldn't be a problem, some maagzines simply rattle and it should not affect the guns performance, try cleaning them as well and they may operate smoother, no oil in the mags!
the decocker should be spring loaded and return to the safe position after engaging it.
as the 24/7 has several variations its important to list exactly what model that you have for better advise!
24/7
24/7 Pro.
24/7 pro D/S
24/7 Pro CA
24/7 OSS D/S
24/7 C pro D/S
24/7 G-2, as you can see there are few of them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts