Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local outdoor range today - ahhh.... fresh air!

I shot at 12 yds here a few pics. Probably not up to standards for most of you,
but I'm happy for second time shooting gun! I'm sure that with more practice
i will get more used to the heinie straight 8 sight.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another one - the hole on top(out of the ring) is from the above target. I shot 10 rounds into each target.

·
Registered
116 Posts
:-\ kinda nice shooting ummm... considering this is your first 24/7 Pro shooting you did ok you will get better with the Heini sights after a few range visits. Post some pics of the gun MANG!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, pics of the gun!
I'd say you did just fine on your second outing shooting and the first outing with a new gun. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of any of those because they would hit COM.
For someone this new to shooting and to shoot groups like that, I think it is a testament to the ease and workmanship of Taurus.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For a target that small and at 12yds (36ft), that is good shooting. Remember all real life situations will be at a much closer range. Besides with regard to the law, shooting someone 36ft away in no way is going to be justified as self defense, unless he was shooting at you. Also, if you were using a silohuete target (which is more realistic at that range) you would have been center mass on almost every shot. In short good shooting, especially for being fairly new.

·
Super Moderator
21,522 Posts
Be prowd of yourself being a newbie to guns and all I'd say your on the right track. I think your still a little nervous and with practice you'll see yourself calm down and you'll tighten right up great job. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, this is and old thread - July of 2007 :eek:
That was my second time shooting a handgun. I have probably put close to 4,000 rounds through this pistol since then. My groups have gotten a bit smaller.

·
Administrator
39,686 Posts
Well see, they told you so... :D ;)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
congrats and good shootn'

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Josjor said:
Besides, all ya gotta do to convince us that your the eagle eye is tell us those are two inch circles! ; )
Why? what size do you think they are?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts