Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 pro 9mm G1 recall?

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Czechbikr 
#1 ·
i just purchased a 24/7 pro first gen today and it does have the "faulty safety"
was the recall a big deal? was it able to do something other than "ability to fire with the safety engaged" if you put the safety on while already pulling the trigger?
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

See less See more
#2 ·
IMO, it really was NOT a big deal. Yes, your Pistol can be made to fire IF you pull on the Trigger and then engage the Safety. I have three Pistols of that configuration and none of them are going back to Taurus anytime soon.

Reactions: Woody USSLUCE
#10 ·
well its my first handgun
plan to edc it until i cant
and didnt taurus stop accepting the recalled guns in like 2018?
Technically the lawsuit is over from what I understand, but if you send the gun in, you'll not get it back. They will send you a G2C or a G2S no matter what caliber you own.

Reactions: Tracker627
#6 ·
Hopefully you don’t have any issues with your new to you 24/7. I still have 2 pistols that were on the ‘list’ but I’m not sending them to Taurus. As was already mentioned you won’t get your gun back. I have a 24/7 OSS DS 40 and a PT 145 pro. Both pistols have been completely flawless since new. I wouldn’t sell them. Why would I give them away? So, in the event one of them needs repairs I guess I’m stuck. Taurus won’t fix them right? Just confiscate as far as I know. Someone chime in that knows more than I do. If I sent them to Taurus they would send me a G2c or two I’m guessing. No thanks. Have two already. Taurus needs to put out 45’s again or a new OSS version.

#7 ·
Congratulations on your new to you pistol!
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

#12 ·
^^ The only magazines that don't get loaded with a Maglula or other loader are the 1911 magazines with 45 ACP. A loader is a must for double stack mags and the UpLula is the best.

#13 ·
The so-called "safety defect" of the 24/7 Series has always struck me as a non-issue since you pretty much have to deliberately do something as nonsensical as fire a shot, then engage the safety while the trigger is still pulled in order to make it happen.

I dunno about you, but I've literally never done that, and it seems like a ridiculous thing to do. If I had a 24/7, then I would keep it. As others have already stated, if you send it in to Taurus, then you won't be getting it back, they'll just send you a G2 or maybe a G3 as a replacement. Not that there's anything wrong with the G2/G3, in fact they're just the current generation equivalent of the Millennium Pro Series, but if you like your 24/7 and don't routinely fire off a shot then engage the safety without fully resetting the trigger first, then there's really no reason to replace it.

Reactions: jwc007
#15 ·
To me the main issue with these 24/ 7 (and at one time i had 3 of them, one a OSS, anyway is that there is No parts, accessories, available, no factory repair service and no resale (if anyone is familiar with the model), but hey other than that "whats the problem"? -----right?

#17 ·
Those that kept theirs can still send them back for replacement on a Taurus paid label for replacement and any time in the future so there is that to fall back on. I loved my PT145 SS for it's overall design, size, weight, capacity and accuracy. It went back because they a) told me they could fix it and b) said if they could not that I would receive a 45 ACP pistol to replace it. My rationale after hearing that was that I had nothing to lose and I would gain a pistol that didn't have the "stain" on it for being unreliable. I figured that if it were involved in any legal action that the canard of it being a "dangerous" firearm would be brought forth and paraded around the courtroom.

Turned out I did have something to lose. I received a PT111 G2 after 15 months of being mislead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.