Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that when I have a round in the chamber and pull the slide back the bullet doesn't eject out. It just pushes it up a little?? When shooting the gun it ejects with no problems. I use a plastic dummy round when playing with the trigger and it ejects out with no problems. I use the winchester white box from walmart. I just got my 24/7 back from Taurus because of a messed up slide. Is their anything I can try on my own to fix this issue?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If it works when you shoot it then there is not a problem. I notices when I first got the 24/7 that it would not fling the round out when cycling by hand slow unlike my Ruger P90 which will fling them accross the room and get lost in the cloths hamper haha If you cycle the slide by hand really fast with the mag in it then it will fling it out, with the mag out all you have to do is pull the slide back and tip the gun upward and let the round fall out through the mag well.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Remember that a regular cartridge has at least a 115 gr bullet to keep it front heavy. An empty brass or the plastic dummy round have a fraction of the weight... so don't judge this as a problem if it kicks empty brass out on the range.

·
32,658 Posts
This may sound goofy, but the speed or technique of how the slide is racked can have a bearing on how the full cartridge can eject. Do it slow enough or in a jerky fashion and the result can be what happened to you. This may not be noticed while doing this. Everything may seem normal. So there may be no problem other than getting the knack of doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts