Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a previously owned PT 24/7-98P-17 9mm and just got the time to sit down and clean it before shooting it. I am unable to move the takedown lever on it. It seems as though it is frozen and I do not want to force it in case that may cause damage. It may just be frozen but any help or ideas would be very much appreciated as this is my first Taurus.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
And there's another little trick to make it easier. Once you've got the slide back rotate the lever down. Then hit the slide release - the lever will pop out far enough to get a good hold with your fingers. Relock the slide to the rear and pull the slide stop out. While holding the slide, hit the slide release, ease it forward and pull the trigger when it stops moving forward. Then pull it the rest of the way off.

And BTW - Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Taurus10 and dbeardslee, Thanks for the warm welcome and the help. Got it figured out, scrubbed squeaky clean and reassembled. :)

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Infidel...When I first got mine a ways back... it took me awhile.....but got it figured also. Welcome & Congrats on your weapon!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Way to go , infidel. Now go shoot it until it's dirty again. And of course you must report the results.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Of course, if you have one, RTFM.
Disassembly on page 24-25.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts