Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Gunner here. I have a question. I've read the manual for my 24/7 Pro 9mm and noticed that they recommend 124 gr ammo used in the gun. I have been shooting consistently low using a POA=POI sight picture. I am using Magtech 115 gr FMJ ammunition out of my gun. I thought it might have been me but I have had people watching me to see if I was dropping as I was pulling the trigger but its not me. Is it possibly that I should be using 124 gr ammo out of my gun or what? Can someone shed some light on this for me please? I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer me.
Gunner out

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Here is what I heard, from when I was shooting low with my PT111, the heavier grain bullet will allow for the gun to rise a bit more and not hit low. I did not notice a great deal of difference, when I went to 124 gr. using the Heinie sights. But what did make a difference, was separating the two dots, and making sure that the bullseye was directly behind the top dot. Not at 6 o clock under the bullseye.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Gunner
Went to the range today with rmy reloads using 124gr RN Jacketed and it did shoot low. Something about those sights I just cannot get used to. Like Robby mentioned you have to space the 2 dots. She shoots a great vertical line but just cannot get it where I want. I am going to switch to a set of Williams sights. 3 dots are better for me and my eyes! Good luck. BTW I was shooting the 24/7 Pro 9mm. I reloaded some 115gr at first and had the problem and I thought it would change when I switched to 124gr. I still had fun trying :)

Rick

·
Registered
31 Posts
I shot some 124 grain and I did not notice a difference between it and my WWB 115.

Like robbt mentioned you need to aim that second dot on the target, not below it at 6:00. try that before switching the ammo.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I went to the range with my new 24/7 Pro 9mm yesterday and put 100 rounds of Blazer 115gr through it and I was shooting way right. I aimed right between the eyes and I would be lucky if I knicked an ear. Still getting used to the sights. Gonna try a 124 gr or even higher next week and see what happens

·
Registered
31 Posts
^that's funny, when I started I was usually left. Getting used to the sights can be tough.

·
32,706 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts