Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my new 24/7 Pro 45... The pistol has fired less than 200 rd, almost flawlessly... ALMOST.

When firing, the slide will occasionally lock open. In the beginning, I thought it could be my fingers touching the slide lock lever when firing. So I tried improving my grip but the problem persists.

After a close look within the internals, I could see that there is almost no clearance in between a bullet in the magazine and the inner part of the slide lock lever (the one that is pushed by the magazine follower when no ammo left).

So I tend to think that the slide lock lever is sometimes pushed up by the ammo itself, leading the slide to occasionally lock open. Here are a couple of close-ups... I will appreciate your comments.

The mag is 12rd, 3rd generation.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, it seems nobody else experienced the same problem.

I took my Dremel and ground off the vertex closer to the bullet. Now there's more clearance. Tomorrow I will try the mod, and fire a box of ammo to see if it jams again.

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Sounds like a reasonable fix. I'd check it on the magazine follower too and make sure you've still got enough engagement there. JAT

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
You did the right thing, but do follow the above suggestion. Insert an empty magazine and pull the slide back. It should lock back. Now look down in there. Make sure there is still ample engagement of the lever with the follower.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
If you were hitting the slide lock lever with your fingers, you may subconsciously return to your more ingrained hold as you shoot. If you look at the relationship between any semi-auto's slide lock and bullet, there is minimal clearance. Then again, please let us know how your mod worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts