Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that has a 24/7 Pro 9mm for dirt cheap and its had 1 box through it. My question is, can I buy a complete 24/7 Pro long slide with barrel and put it on the standard Pro frame?

Where can I buy a complete LS setup?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I would assume if you found one that is identical to what you have it should be feasible. But since they made LS models with and without decockers and then the OSS models. And then being able to find a LS upper would probably be hell. I would look for a LS DS or an OSS if I was you. Taurus probably will not sell you the slide assembly alone. Good luck which ever way you roam!

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I called Taurus CS and they "CLAIM" the lowers are totally different. But I kinda find that hard to believe as that would raise the prices making completely different lowers for the 2 different 24/7 Pros. But maybe Im wrong, it would be nice to find someone that has one of each of 2 people with them that live close to verify.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
I have a buddy that has a 24/7 Pro 9mm for dirt cheap and its had 1 box through it. My question is, can I buy a complete 24/7 Pro long slide with barrel and put it on the standard Pro frame?

Where can I buy a complete LS setup?
I would doubt that tauurs will sale you those parts actually.
the LS and the 24/7 pro has ben discontinued for some time now, the LS was made in the 24/7 Pro D/S for a short period of time but pretty much discontinued in the Pro D/S as the 24/7 OSS d/S was introduced with the same size barrel.
you may be able to locate a new LS online somewhre? I have no idea if any are still out there.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Yea I called Taurus CS and they "CLAIM" the lowers are totally different. But I kinda find that hard to believe as that would raise the prices making completely different lowers for the 2 different 24/7 Pros. But maybe Im wrong, it would be nice to find someone that has one of each of 2 people with them that live close to verify.
well as I haven't got any 24/7 pro's i can't say, but there is a difference in the lower of a 24/7 C Pro D/S and a regular 24/7 pro D/S?
my 24/7 oss D/S frame looks just like a 24/7 pro D/S though, i certainly am in no expertise to argue with the manufacture however.
at the price that the 24/7 pro D/S and OSS are saleing for now you will come out ahead just buying an entire psitol i would think, i mean they can be had new for 300 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts