Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if any known Police dept's are carring the 24/7 line, I do carry the Taurus 1911 on duty and I am looking in to the 24/7 ssp .45 for duty use, any coppers in here that may know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know about who carries 24/7's, but I'm surprised you're allowed to carry a SA 1911. I thought everyone was going to DA Glocks and S&W.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I personally know of a few LEO's that do carry 24/7's, although it isn't a department issue. I also know a couple of civilian contractors toting 24/7's 45cal. in Iraq too. Most departments I know of don't allow the carry of a 1911 anymore because of the need to carry it cocked & locked. Most departments I've been to carry Beretta's, Glocks and Sigma's (why a sigma...lol) or some other older model of S&W. Run across a few H&K's, SIGs or assorted other brands and one reserver sheriff here where I live carries a Ruger P90. Lot of it boils down to department funding and whatever the current LEO trend in caliber and/or brand is going...

Lot of Departments that jumped on the 40cal bandwagon and are now looking hard at the 45cal and 9mm again to replace th 40cal. too. 9mm has nearly identical performance as the 40, at a lower cost and of course we all know the benefits of the 45cal up close. To each there own... ::)

·
Registered
5 Posts
One of the gun dealers that I do business with has a customer thats a DEA agent who carries the .45ACP PT 24/7 Pro in my town. Says he loves it. I also have a friend in LEO who just qualified with his .45ACP PT24/7 Pro. He is talking to his Chief about changing the duty weapons over to the PT 24/7 Pro. He has already won over the firearms instructor with the 24/7. We'll see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts