Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that this gun has been out for awhile i would like to see this thread concentrate on all good & all bad, i have been tempted but was worried on how this gun was going to hold up, accurcy reliability, and problems. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
Look to the top and there is a search button 2 over from the home button type in 24/7 OSS and everything ever said will pop up, hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
As 45 stated, the Search bar is a wonderful option. From the main index page of the site use the search bar and simply type in OSS. (If you put in the 24/7 part you'll get too many results)
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love my .45 OSS, I purchased it just about 3 months ago . To date, I have just over 800 rounds through it, with zero issues of any kind. Accuracy is spot on, from a sandbag I get sub 1.5" groups (just like GunBlast reported). The pistol is everything that I expected (and I expected a LOT), it shoots dead on, it's reliable, and it get attention from all the lookers at the range when I ring the 18" x 18" steel plate @ 130 yrds. 10 out of 12 rounds!

I will conform some threads about mag drop issues when new. However, after a good cleaning and after about 20 or so mag changes, everything smoothed out. Mags drop like silk now and I think that the reason for the release issues can be contributed to the OSS specific mag release button. If you compare the release button of a OSS to a regular 24/7, you will notice that the OSS button is solid metal. In contrast, the regular 24/7 release is plastic with a metal insert where it engages the mag. That combined with a stronger mag release spring makes the OSS mag drop a bit stiff at first I think, or that was my experience a least.

Any way, I LOVE my OSS, and if I had it to do over I would be first in line to buy again.

P.S.
I can't wait to pick up my new 24/7 PRO C .45 next week! It will get added to the CCW rotation (after a good break-in period of course) along with my PT145, PT111, and M85 Titanium. I'll follow up with photos of the new .45 soon.....

·
Administrator
18,303 Posts
Gholcomb said:
I love my .45 OSS, I purchased it just about 3 months ago . To date, I have just over 800 rounds through it, with zero issues of any kind. Accuracy is spot on, from a sandbag I get sub 1.5" groups (just like GunBlast reported). The pistol is everything that I expected (and I expected a LOT), it shoots dead on, it's reliable, and it get attention from all the lookers at the range when I ring the 18" x 18" steel plate @ 130 yrds. 10 out of 12 rounds!
My experience with my .45 24/7 OSS is pretty much the same as yours, except that I have had no Mag Drop Issues at all! It's a great Handgun!

Gholcomb said:
If you compare the release button of a OSS to a regular 24/7, you will notice that the OSS button is solid metal. In contrast, the regular 24/7 release is plastic with a metal insert where it engages the mag.
The magazine release on my standard 9mm 24/7 Pro, purchased new October 2007, is all metal. Perhaps this was true of older versions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got my 45OSS back from repair and went straight to range with two different lead reloads, 0ne 0f 200 grain RN, one 177 grain RN and one box of 230 ball.
Wow does it ever shoot . @25 yards and shooting off bench with no sandbags my groups were all less than 3inches for six shots. The ball ammo turned one group of 10 shots that was less than 2 inches.
In all 75 rounds fired with total group size of about 5 inches centered about one inch left and perfect for elevation.

Shoot often and straight
Hillbilly Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
I should have indicated the repair was to correct a trigger reset problem that the pistol had when new. Basically the trigger would not reset after firing.
Taurus repaired/adjusted /replaced trigger? All I know is that it works.
Hillbilly JIm

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm looking at replacing my Taurus 1911 for the OSS. I've had no problems with the 1911, I just like the feel of the OSS better.
Anyway, for you guys who own one, what are you using for holsters? I've tried to find a Blackhawk Serpa holster (that's what I have for my 1911 and really like it) But I can't find it listed on the Blackhawk site.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
huntermedic said:
I'm looking at replacing my Taurus 1911 for the OSS. I've had no problems with the 1911, I just like the feel of the OSS better.
Anyway, for you guys who own one, what are you using for holsters? I've tried to find a Blackhawk Serpa holster (that's what I have for my 1911 and really like it) But I can't find it listed on the Blackhawk site.
A Crossbreed holster that is formed for a Taurus PT140 will carry it just fine. The trigger guards are the same and that is where the problem fitting is.

·
Administrator
18,303 Posts
huntermedic said:
I'm using the Blackhawk Serpa Sportster for the Springfield XD, which fits both my standard 9mm 24/7 Pro and my .45 24/7 OSS. The longer OSS Slide/Barrel will stick thru about an inch. The Serpa Lock engages and the Holster needs no mods to work. I recommend the Belt Loop Model over the Paddle, which I have.

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
Thanks NYPD I've been gone a couple of days and the narrow the search the better :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts