Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when they are suppose to release for sale the PT 24/7 OSS???
How about Price...Can I stand in line at a the local gun store,maybe camp out!!!
;D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: PT 24/7 OSS

Did you see it on the cover of American Rifleman? Just pulled it out of the mailbox...

(later)
Just read the article real fast.
They added a decocker! I've always liked pistols that feature decock. great for conceal carry (or non-conceal too), it's always nice to carry chambered but uncocked/DA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone had the chance hold one of these yet? Is it the same grip size as the other 24/7's? I have a first gen .45 24/7 and the only problem I have with it is the safety is not ambi.

Having small hands the 24/7 fits like a glove, I have a .45 XD and it doesn't feel nearly as good as my Taurus.
I never understand why Taurus never pushed the 12 rounds of .45 in the smallest grip frame avalible

·
Administrator
18,116 Posts
There is a detailed review of the 24/7 OSS in the new February 2007 issue of the NRA Magazine American Rifleman. From a cursory reading, the grip is slightly different in that it is not the rubberized style grip, currently on most of the 24/7 models. The only way for you to know whether it's grip is acceptable to you would be to examine one for yourself. A very similar (and probably less expensive) alternative would be a current longslide version, if you can find one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The whole reason for wanting one is the ambi safety. I never knew why they didn't put one on the 24/7 the first time around.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've definately got a thing for autos with 5" tubes going on. If it's got the Taurus price and quality, I think I'll have to get one!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I posted on a thread about this in the lounge, on the American Rifleman thread. My FFL dealer talked to one of his distributors today, and the gun is not yet in production. It was designed for military use, but expected production will be for civilian sales. Apparently, we won't see these for a while yet.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Please Note: Two separate threads have been combined here "PT 24/7 OSS" and "24/7 oss".

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
O6 submission ( Oh-Six-Submission ) - submission meaning being submitted for army trials.....

·
Administrator
18,116 Posts
Due to Budget Cuts, the trials have been canceled, for at least the time being.

I also note that the Longslide versions of the PT24/7's are no longer shown on the Taurus Website.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Update on the 24/7 OSS. A distributor that does a lot of business with my local FFL dealer is checking into the possibility of some of these coming available soon. I'll get the scoop sometime tomorrow, probably in the afternoon. If one is available he's going to order it right away, since there has been much interest in this model since its announcement. I'll have pictures if that happens.

·
Administrator
18,116 Posts
It's nice to see that the Longslide 24/7's are still available. For some reason they were not shown in the general online category when I last looked, and they were there before. Perhaps they are not in general distribution, as yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts