Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wish I could answer your question, but I can't. I would like to know the answer myself.

I would like to get my hands on one soon. Right now I am debating on which full size to get. Its between the PT92 or 24/7. But I like the look of the OSS.

Nate

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Agreed. But it would still be a bit of a toss up between the 24/7 OSS and the PT1911... I'm confident the 1911 would be a good gun... the OSS LOOKS like a good gun, but not having handled it, I'm only guessing!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If you've handled a 24/7 (any model) it will be nearly the same. The biggest difference other then the barrel being roughly one inch longer, is the ambi-safety/decocker leveler on the right side. The trigger should be the same as the SA/DA pro model of the 24/7.

I was told yesterday by a certified Taurus Dealer (Gabes Guns, in Iowa) that the next PT1911 will be full size with tac-rail (in blued). No word on the exact release date of it or the Stainless model. The 24/7 OSS is suppose to shipping now, but no one that I know of has one yet. Also, the 24/7 OSS is suppose to come in tan, black abd maybe the OD green frame at some point.

Still, until someone actually has one of these firearms, I guess it still just rumors and wishful thinking :)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I talked with the guy at Taurus last friday and he told me October for the OSS and close to December for the stainless PT1911 and early next year for the 809 and 24/7 compact. He did also say that the OSS 809 and 24/7c will all be available in 9mm,40s&w, and .45acp with the number change of course on the 809

1 - 6 of 6 Posts