Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
18,108 Posts
Unfortunately, No! My FFL dealer has a lot of people asking that question, and he told me last thursday that he was told Taurus has pushed production back to June 2008.

If you cannot wait, consider a PT24/7 Pro Longslide. It doesn't have quite all the features of the 24/7 OSS, but it comes very close.

This thread being moved to the 24/7 series.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What are the diferances between the long slide and the oss?
I know thee will be a metal rod instead of the curent plastic one but not really sure of all the upgrades and the rod could be easil changed when the oss is released any way.

·
Administrator
18,108 Posts
24/7 OSS series vs 24/7 Pro

As most of the 24/7's are and have been going to a tandem Seecamp style Recoil Spring Setup, the Single Spring/Guide Rod System may be an item that will change in the OSS versions.

Other than that, the OSS versions will have a DA first shot capability that the regular 24/7 Pro (SA/DA) does not have. Also, the Manual Safety will be ambidextrous and there is a Lanyard attachment at the bottom rear of the Grip Heel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ok, but the main question remains....

does any Taurus insider have an idea when shipments of OSS will begin? would really like to know if it's just around the corner...or like the earlier posting....it's mid-2008....

·
Registered
159 Posts
jwc007 said:
Other than that, the OSS versions will have a DA first shot capability that the regular 24/7 Pro (SA/DA) does not have. Also, the Manual Safety will be ambidextrous and there is a Lanyard attachment at the bottom rear of the Grip Heel.
That confused me when I got my 24/7 .45. It doesn't feel like SA/DA, more like SA with second strike ability because the supposed DA pull feels no heavier than it does in SA. Not that I'm complaining, I actually like the way it is :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is the OSS also coming out in April like the PT809?
BTW do you think Taurus should discontinue 24/7 Pro and instead make a 4" version of 24/7 OSS? I do like a ambi-safety even though I am right-handed.

·
32,653 Posts
Custmer Service at Taurus is claiming production at the end of this month. Nothing like bumping heads with another staff member and totally different info.

Who to believe? Both of us could be correct or partially so. Later seems to be the Taurus' way though.

One of the differences in the OSS versus Long slide models are the sights.
Novak low mounts or Novak night sights are available on the OSS.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I e-mailed Jeff Quinn from GunBlast.com to inquire about the 800 series. He said Taurus gave him no indication of release times for them but he ended his response with a good sign---He said Taurus will be shipping him a production OSS to test come the end of this month. (If you know GunBlast.com, you know they only test production guns and not prototypes) So Qwiks---I think you're source is correct.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Dang dale....you've flooded every OSS thread on this forum. :D :D

Looks real nice though.....I'm still waiting for the 800 series however. I got all jacked up for the OSS over the past 18 months that I have no desire for one any longer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Dang dale....you've flooded every OSS thread on this forum. :D :D

Looks real nice though.....I'm still waiting for the 800 series however. I got all jacked up for the OSS over the past 18 months that I have no desire for one any longer.
:D Yeah, I know. I couldn't help myself; I was just so dang glad to finally get one.

But truthfully, I did skip a whole bunch of threads that matched the search for OSS.. and not just the ones that said "Rossi" :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts