Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we bared to cold and went out to the range with my OSS 9mm and my buddies new PT92. Im proud to say both guns got about 200 rounds down the pipe each without a single flaw what so ever. The OSS was extremely accurate (except I need more practice) and is very comfortable. I had the Williams fire sights on it and with a very minor adjustment of the front sight (shooting left) it was shooting pretty much dead on with the exception of my mistakes. Im extremely impressed and VERY VERY happy overall with todays outing!!

Thank you Taurus for an amazing weapon and I look forward to the upcoming comp season!!!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm glad that your are pleased with your OSS (Knew you would be once you shot it!)

Good luck to you in the upcoming competition season.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
How do the firesights compare to the factory ones? My OSS 9 has the three dot sights. I don't think I care for the narrow front sight because of how much daylight you get on both sides of the front post. I have a over 1100 rounds through it and like it alot, but would like the front sight to fill the gap in the rear sight a bit more. Can you post a pic looking down the sights from the rear?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They make a HUGE difference. Being that they are brighter and 2 colored te sight acquisition is much quicker over stock. I tested 2 mags with the stock sights first and then switched to the Williams on it and all I say is MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! For the $45ish I spent it was very well worth the money!!!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It's interesting how our perceptions work. Youngandfree wants less light on either side of the front post, and that's exactly what I like. I will be swapping sights on some Glocks to improve the sight picture, and I'll bet they are just how he would like them. I am considering a FO sight, but will probably only put it in the front on my OSS.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your OSS, it sounds like you and your friend had a great time at the range with it and the PT92. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the OSS still being made? I just bought one because the price is great and it has great reviews (and I want to use it in USPSA,) but I don't see it listed at all on the TaurusUSA website.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was discontinued as of now BUT we are all hoping Taurus will bring out a replacement.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
250 more rounds down range today and still working flawless with no malfunctions at all!!! My accuracy is also getting ALOT better and using small targets still managing 1-2 in groups at 10-15 yards. The more I shoot the OSS the more I trust and fall in love with it!!!!

·
Administrator
18,118 Posts
Congratulations! Glad it's shooting well for you! :cool:

I'm very happy with both of my 24/7's and I'm glad that you are happy with yours!

Methinks I should also add an OSS in 9mm to the stable. Have one in .45 ACP.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations! Glad it's shooting well for you! :cool:

I'm very happy with both of my 24/7's and I'm glad that you are happy with yours!

Methinks I should also add an OSS in 9mm to the stable. Have one in .45 ACP.
You wont be disappointed!! Hell Im looking into adding an OSS in .45 ACP. lol

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Now that's the kind of range report I like to see. Congrats on your new guns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts