Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, there's one thing I have found so far that is a negative about the 24/7 OSS. I suppose this probably applies to all 24/7 but, not having one, I can't say for sure.

Like many semi-autos, the safety locks the slide closed when set. You can't rack it. So why does that make the 24/7 OSS dangerous? The ridges in the slide are sharp! And they grip flesh really well. I was racking the slide repeatedly just loosening things up. I was fiddling with the gun in between and set the safety on. Without thinking, I tried to grab and pull the slide with the safety on! OUCH! Now I have a nasty blister on my right thumb (I'm left handed). I couldn't rack the slide now if I needed to. Well, I could, I'd have to grip it between my fingers and palm.

With the wide valleys and narrow ridges, there's not even much possibility of having a gunsmith smooth the corners of the ridges. I think that's a significant issue. Not a show stopper, but it is something to consider.

Well, I hope I don't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's also possible to hold the 24/7 OSS flat in the palm of your hand and then slap it against your forehead. You should be able to see a distinct "L" when you look the mirror! :D

(Just kidding... enjoy your new gun; it's sweeet.)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long Ago LEO said:
It's also possible to hold the 24/7 OSS flat in the palm of your hand and then slap it against your forehead. You should be able to see a distinct "L" when you look the mirror! :D

(Just kidding... enjoy your new gun; it's sweeet.)
OUCH! You're right. But I don't think I held it right; I got sort of a V shaped mark with one side longer than the other.

This thing is just way too dangerous to be owned by civilians.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Really, are you kidding me? I have never heard of something like this. I have the 24/7 and never had this problem. Not that I'd admit it.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
afrats said:
Really, are you kidding me? I have never heard of something like this. I have the 24/7 and never had this problem. Not that I'd admit it.
rwcreigh said:
I have 2 and never had it either
You guys are starting to worry me!! :D But if you have such a belief in what they said try the experiment. Holding the pistol in your hand with the safety side toward your hand (do not want too much damage done), then smack yourself in the forehead, then look in the mirror. Guns are Dangerous if used wrong. :) :p :bang: :devil:

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
I really wouldn't recommend that. You could damage a perfectly fine firearm. :drool:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
You can really hurt your feet it you drop it on them too. Now I wear steel toe boots while handling my guns.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
paulrabe78 said:
You can really hurt your feet it you drop it on them too. Now I wear steel toe boots while handling my guns.
In California you have to provide the model of your steel toed boots to buy a gun, don't you? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts