Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks. I have a chance to pick up a 24/7 OSS for about $300 in a local gunstore. It is NIB condition, but only has 2 mags. I heard BAD and GOOD thing about this pistol model. However, I do know that it was discontinued. Was it discontinued due to technical issues/unreliability or just lack of market for it?
Also, any inherit weaknesses/problems with 24/7 OSS 9mm? Something about slide locking spring that I heard...
My second question is WHERE TO GET THE MAGS? I mean there is 24/7 Gen 2, but will the new mags fit old 24/7 OSS?

Thank you

D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just bought a 24/7 OSS for $334 so $300 is a terrific deal. All that I've read leads me to believe that it's a reliable shooter. The G2 mags are definitely different but I'm getting some additional mags at The GunSource. Grab it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
548 Posts
It was discontinued do to them bringing out the G2 which originally there were going to bring a G2 long slide out but that hasnt happened yet. As for issues as long is you clean it very very well youll have few issues if any. As for mags, all mags from 24/7s will work (not G2) as long as they are first gen mags. You can find mags most anywhere online (gunbroker, Buds, etc). The OSS is arguably the best Taurus eve produced due to it was supposed to be the next handgun for the military but the military never bought anything from anyone.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I have two OSS - .45ACP, and .40S&W. I've used them both in tactical courses with 600+ rounds shot in a day. Can't say enough about how accurate and reliable these weapons are! I can't think of one reason not to grab one at $300.00(or$500.00)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've had mine in .45 ACP for over a year. It is one of the most comfortable handguns I've ever shot. More accurate than I am.

Mine broke after about 4000 rounds and Taurus says it is fixed. I sure hope so because I really like the gun and want to shoot it, a lot.

This second go round, it has approx. 600 rounds through it and so far, so good.

·
Registered
27,567 Posts
I carry a 24/7 OSS in .45 every day. It has been reliable and accurate (and comfortable). Buy it. The only thing discontinuation has done for or to the OSS is make it cheaper and harder to get.

·
Registered
548 Posts
But more then likely in the near future will drive the price up especially if Taurus doesn't bring out another polymer with a 5" barrel.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
If you dont buy it let me know where it is and who to contact and I will. I have 2 24/7 OSS and 3 24/7 LS and have never had a problem out of any of them. Seriously, let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts