Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the new 24/7 OSSDS40with the 5.25 Match Barrel. I talket to Taurus customer service this week and was told that the 45 is out but that the 9mm and the 40s&w would not be out until the first of 2009. Ok I am willing to wait to obtain that gun. My problem is that I am seeing this gun on GunBroker.com. I have seen the 45 with a 5.25 barrel and I can not find out if this is the match grade barrel. I want to order the pistol because no one local is stocking it in the tan and blue but how to I know that I am ordering the correct model. I talked to Taurus customer service a second time and this time talked to a woman. She told me the new model is being shipped now in both the 9mm and the 40 s&w. Can anyone out there help me make sure I am ordering the correct gun. There is also a Tactical model listed and I have on idea what this is. It should not be so hard to purchase a pistol. If there are more than one model why don't the give each model a model number? Thanks for any help you can give me. Dudley

·
Registered
25 Posts
Most Definetly! I love my 24 / 7 Pro .40! It took me a little bit to get used to the Heinie sights, but the grip is awesome, the stopping power is awesome, I can group them at 25 yards now! I love this Pistol! It's also my CC pistol! I want to get one for my wife now! She's been taking a loking to mine!
Safe Shootingg & Take Care!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've gone to gun shows, dealers around my town and haven't found my 24/7 Pro 9mm anywhere other than the shop I purchased it from originally. I do wonder why most dealers don't carry or know of the Pro series and it's SA. I'm very happy with it but feel weird that it's a minority on the market. Either we are paving new roads or got taken, I don't feel taken.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dalepres, thanks for the response and the link. The information on the link does not show that they are match grade barrels. I called my local dealer and he has several of the 24/7 OSS DS in stock but said that they all have 5" barrel. I can't believe how had it is to get an answer. I called customer service from Taurus today and got a girl that I could not understand and she could not understand me. Because she had no idea what I was talking about. It seems simple to me just list the guns that have match barrels or so that all barrels are match if it is a 4", 5" or 5.125". At this point I am going to start and look at something else. It should not be this hard to buy a pistol. Either that or I am the bumbest person in the world. Thanks Dudley :???: :???: :???:

·
Registered
846 Posts
This should be a good gun, if it's just a bit better than the 24/7, should be a hole puncher.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Question gents, were they not going to use this gun in the military? Yall keep up on this more than I do.

·
Registered
147 Posts
texas shooter said:
Question gents, were they not going to use this gun in the military? Yall keep up on this more than I do.
texas shooter said:
That was their hope in building the gun it was built to meet the specs put out by what ever branch of the military. I guess now that it is built they will or probably already have submitted it to the military for testing. Whether or not it is ever actually accepted is up for grabs.

Politically they will be doing an uphill battle with the big boys like Colt & Smith and a few others so even if they have the better weapon getting a military contract through all the in fighting will not be a given. And, from what i can see of Taurus i just don't see that they are in the position to manufacture and support a large military contract. Of course if they ever do get one, then getting the money for the expansion would not be that hard to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts