Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be taking possession of a brand new 24/7 OSS in 9mm on Thursday. I was surprised to find a new one and got it at a decent price (329.99) apparently it had gotten lost in their warehouse and they brought it out to the local gun show today. My question is what's the best way to break in this gun.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Yup as Harry stated, a thorough cleaning and a good lube and plenty of ammo!

enjoy and congratulations on a great find!!!!

·
Super Moderator
40,616 Posts
I will be taking possession of a brand new 24/7 OSS in 9mm on Thursday. I was surprised to find a new one and got it at a decent price (329.99) apparently it had gotten lost in their warehouse and they brought it out to the local gun show today. My question is what's the best way to break in this gun.
Give it a thorough cleaning before shooting. Lube as normal and you should be good to go.

NO, NO, NO, That is horrible advise...

Send it to me immediately and I will take care of it for you. :D

Congrats on the find. I was seconds away from getting a new in the box 24/7 OSS .45acp in desert tan. Seller backed out last second. :(

OH, welcome to the forum. Head over to the new member section for a proper welcome/intro.

Reactions: Harry and darbo

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Congrats on your new gun and welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
Well welcome to the forum!
as its new old stock and the nice thick perserative grease that taurus fills these things with has had adequate time to harden and become that nasty brown color, a thorough cleaning (maybe 2-3) maybe necessary to get the gun running right.
just clean the heck out of it, including a pressurized aerosol spray cleaner, oil it well, take it to the range and see how it does with FMJ, FP and shoot the devil out of it.
IF it eats the range ammo then you can begin trying various self defense ammo.
have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts