Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day everyone, I decided to get another used OSS Tactical and clean it up and give it a make over. I did a complete disassembly and ultra sonic cleaning. Inspection of all parts and reassemble. I did give it a Duracoat with Slightly darker black on the slide and Light desert tan for the frame, while I had it broken down.
After I lubed it and took out to safety check and test fire.
All shots from 10 yards off hand.
Dang she accurate.

I lucked out a found another one one line, that I'm going to work on, but I'll keep it all black.

Cheers
Ron

Attachments

· Registered
59 Posts
Oh no! Just when I thought I had all the Taurus pistols I needed, (likely more, 6 in a year after todays ride to the LGS). I've wished for a G3 in 40 sw and yours (very very nice) in 40 would more than fill that empty spot. I've never seen or heard of the 24/7, OSS Tac. Still new to my Taurus addiction I guess. I'm down loading your photo to lust after, sorry.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no! Just when I thought I had all the Taurus pistols I needed, (likely more, 6 in a year after todays ride to the LGS). I've wished for a G3 in 40 sw and yours (very very nice) in 40 would more than fill that empty spot. I've never seen or heard of the 24/7, OSS Tac. Still new to my Taurus addiction I guess. I'm down loading your photo to lust after, sorry.
OSS in .45 are a little harder to come by, now a days. I was lucky enough to get everything with it, case, all the paper work, keys mags, loader and brush. The black one I have on the way has the same too, but with an extra mag.

Cheers
Ron

· Registered
38,515 Posts
For your viewing pleasure!
Taurus OSS Tactical, 45 acp in original issue condition.

Green Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Rectangle
Photograph Green Air gun Trigger Gun barrel

· Registered
38,515 Posts
If I were going to publish my targets online, I'd use a very sharp pencil to shoot with!
I just use a really, really sharp Hole Punch myself!

Sleeve Gesture Event Fashion design Fun

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

· Registered
1,084 Posts
If you strike out finding a Taurus in .40 S&W, I would encourage you to look for an LEO Trade In in .40. You can find Glocks and M & P's at reasonable prices and in great condition. When I converted my G23 to 9mm I bought an LEO M & P Trade In to fill the .40 gap.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: car54

· Premium Member
9,817 Posts
So I started looking and found on Utah gun exchange, but I need a 40 SW, I have a lot of reloading components and only a little G2c and 40 SW View attachment 494946 View attachment 494946
Shield.
$400 for a "like new" (whatever that means) PT24/7 OSS .45 sounds like a reasonable price. You need it. You can still keep looking for a .40!

Reactions: car54

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good day all,
I picked up my second .45 OSS. Havent had a chance to test it out. In pretty good condition and the visual inspection looks promising.
I'll post how this example shoots.

Cheers
Ron

Attachments

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I must say I'm impressed.
I did a light cleaning and lube.
Knocked out a safety check.
Loaded all the mags and gave it a test run.
All magazines feed flawlessly with no issues.
The gun performed incredible.
Picture shows all four magazines used, off hand at 10 yards.
I'm pretty stoked I must say.
Cheers
Ron

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts