Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've picked up the notion that the 24/7 magazines will work as an extended mag for the Mil Pro. Now, before I go off and order 2 more standard 12-cap mags for the PT111 - I kind of want to grab 2 24/7 magazines (both because I want a 24/7 aswell, but I'd like the 15 rounds for the range).

Anyone use 24/7 mags, or tried this? I believe it's only on the 3rd Gen's that the mag release notch is cut the same on both.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
somewhere in one of these threads, this discussion was had already. From what I remember all the current 24/7 will fit the Mil Pro. I know I am looking for a couple of the 17 rd ones to have for deep shinola problems, and just to see if they will work.

"deep Shinola" = When the brown material hits the rotating wind mover.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Basil said:
I would love to see a picture(s), showing PT111 with 24/7 Magazines.
I never took a picture when I was using it. It was during an advanced concealed carry course. I used it as one of my mags all day for various course of fire, it never failed to operate, snap in, drop out all day.

If I did not already have 4 12 rd Pt111 mags, I would buy another or 2 17 rd ones.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Basil said:
Thanks for the pictures.
Pardon my ignorance, but where did you find those grip extenders for the magazines? I can't seem to find them anywhere? :???:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Re: using 24/7 magazines with millenium pro pistols
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 02:36:48 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The factory Mag spacer
Davidk0031 said:
The factory Mag spacer is a little short, so you can see gaps above and below it (PT111 with 24/7 mag) but I can't feel the gaps at all. The Taurus part number for the Mag Spacer is (9mm 26118947), (40 cal, 26118955) $7.35 each, shipping is in the $4.00 range so order plenty.

Go to taurus's website for part order form. I order the upgraded recoil spring while at it for only $6.88 might as well have on on hand.

David
This was posted on here in another thread. You can call Taurus customer service at 800-327-3776 to order.
(After posting this, I realized you are looking for the .45 caliber spacers. I apologize for not having the part number for them. I'll bet customer service will be happy to provide it for you. Then you can share!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry I missed the other reference to them, but I really appreciate your passing it on to me. I'll call Taurus tomorrow and place an order. I have one each of the 9mm - .40 - .45 Milleniums and a 24/7 in the .40 and .45. I'm only 5'4" tall, so I really like the Milleniums for carry because they conceal much better for me. Because it is so obvious when I'm carrying a 24/7, I usually only do when I'm wearing a jacket... which isn't all that often here in Texas. Being able to have the added firepower using the larger mags is perfect for folks like me! Thanks again for the info! ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts