Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a pt140 millennium pro and purchased a 24/7 magazine, its fits in fine but when I go to release the magazine I have to play around with the release button and push and pull on the magazine before it will release. I've taken the release out and checked for binds found none. It works fine with the regular 10 round magazine. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have the same setup and have not experienced this problem. Since it locks in OK but has trouble releasing, you might take a look at the mag and see if there are any burrs on the catch holes in the side of it. The release may be catching on one there.
The only problem I have had with mine is they are a bit hard to snap in place fully loaded with the slide closed.
BTW. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dennis I checked that out even ran a small file through it. Looks like its sticking in the handle as there is some wear spots along one side of the mag. I think I'll just take some fine sandpaper and go over it and try again. Also makes no difference if the mag is loaded or not. Maybe just a defective mag, I picked it up off the used shelf at the gun store.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hey, desertdancer:

Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, the #1 handgun forum!

As a new member of this fine forum, you now have access to an enormous amount of Taurus information and personal experiences which are located, literally, at the end of your fingertips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts