Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they have the stainless guide rods and the decocker feature that the OSS is supposed to have?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it looks like i will be awaiting the OSS like everyone else then.

·
Administrator
17,816 Posts
As the 24/7Pro Longslides seem to be disappearing from the Taurus product lineup, there may not be a choice!

·
22,018 Posts
Just shot another steel match with my 24/7 9mm LS. 1 failure to feed out of 275 rnds. Second failure in a week. The other was at an IPSC match. Got the calipers out and found several rounds in the batch slightly over the correct overall length. There again as most cases when the gun malfuctions make sure its not human error. I my case not spot checking as I should during large quantity reloading. :(
Otherwise she still shooting dead nuts and firing soft as ever. ;D ;D

·
Registered
202 Posts
OK I have a question. What makes a gun a long slide. I have a 24/7 in a 40 cal. Not the 24/7c. Is it a long slide? How do I tell?

·
22,018 Posts
Mine is stainless. Been thinking about getting the blue version but not sure what for.

I WANT MORE GUNS

·
Administrator
17,816 Posts
airwrench said:
Mine is stainless. Been thinking about getting the blue version but not sure what for.
Have your Stainless Slide Duracoated in H&K Flat Black! Don't care for the look of Stainless Guns myself! Have sort of thought of getting one with a Stainless Slide and having the upper portion of the Slide Blackened, leaving the lower flats Natural, for a two toned look. When I had my 9mm 24/7 ordered, I insisted on Blued and I prefer the Darker Coloring on a Carry Gun! Just my personal taste!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks for the pic NYPD in AZ

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I don't know about the 24/7 LS getting hard to find, they just started shipping the 24/7 LS in 45cal. When I bought mine Sunday they had several of blued and stainless slide models and all for less then $350.00.

Funny how my 24/7 45cal LS looks just like the 24/7 OSS in black frame, without the ambi-decocker/saftey in the new 2008 catalog.

·
Administrator
17,816 Posts
Thanx Draeger! I hope they keep making the 24/7 Pro LS!

Congrats and let us know how it shoots compared to the Standard Length.
Trying to decide between the 2 lengths in .45 ACP right now, but am leaning towards the LS.
The standard length .45 may come later. Am very happy with my Standard Length 9mm 24/7 Pro.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
DRAEGER said:
Funny how my 24/7 45cal LS looks just like the 24/7 OSS in black frame, without the ambi-decocker/saftey in the new 2008 catalog.
Same gun basically. The OSS just has a few more bells and whistles like the ambi safety, steel guide rod, and Novak sights.

BTW....when is the OSS due out???(Insert sarcasm here)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The more I think about it, I might try and order a steel guide rod for my 24/7 LS 45cal when the 24/7 OSS 45cal finally do come out and skip buying the actual 24/7 OSS in 45cal (unless it is in tan or OD frame), although if I cold go for a 24/7 LS 9mm. I really don't care about the ambi-safety or novak sights, wold like an exposed hammer which I can get that on another Taurus model due out someday...

jwc007, GET THE LONG SLIDE!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
jwc007 said:
Have your Stainless Slide Duracoated in H&K Flat Black! Don't care for the look of Stainless Guns myself! Have sort of thought of getting one with a Stainless Slide and having the upper portion of the Slide Blackened, leaving the lower flats Natural, for a two toned look. When I had my 9mm 24/7 ordered, I insisted on Blued and I prefer the Darker Coloring on a Carry Gun! Just my personal taste!
I've used CeramaCoat on quite a few weapons.
Here's an example of a Kel-Tec that I ported, dehorned (melted) and finished using CeramaCoat.

I recentlt did something similar on a Nickel Plated slide.
The ports are on each side of the slide, rather than behind the sight.
The two small holes you see on the top of the slide are what Kel-Tec uses to secure their front sight (they are not ports).

I thought I'd leave the serrations and extractor nickel colored for a 2 tone look...

The CeramaCoat leaves the slide non-reflective black and holds up extremely well.
I did this on one of my pocket pistols (I carry it everyday!) and it looks like I just did it!

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Administrator
17,816 Posts
DRAEGER said:
jwc007, GET THE LONG SLIDE!!!
I hear you, loud and clear! Definitely leaning that way for my .45 cal 24/7 !

I used to know of guys who made custom Stainless Steel Guiderods. Not sure if any of them are still in the business or not. A friend of mine made one for his CZ97B out of a Door Hinge Bolt he got from Menards. Might be able to do something similar for a 24/7 LS.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts