Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's your sneak preview. I had the honor of being one of the first to test out the new 24/7g2 (compact) recoil assembly. I hope we can generate enough interest to get Al to put this into production because I've been on Lakelines butt about making these available. I've ran about 20 rounds through it so far with no problems. The rim on the stainless sleeve will never chip like we've seen with the thin stock metal sleeve. Who said that? I said that.

·
Registered
889 Posts
What Only 20 rounds???? Not much of a test. Go back outside and get another 80 rounds. Dont worry I'll clean the gun for ya.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems like I send him normal looking parts and the next I see of them they look polished and chrome plated. Sigh.
I have a sparkling reputation. People will laugh at me if I deviate from it.

·
Registered
36,650 Posts
It seems like I send him normal looking parts and the next I see of them they look polished and chrome plated. Sigh.
well!!!----------------------------:bling:-------------------:bling:------------------------:bling:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Now, if we could get you to make a run on some PT140 G2 recoil spring assemblies! See how I smoothly hijacked this thread? Cool, huh? :D :p :icon_ poke:

Reactions: Alfonse

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
What Only 20 rounds???? Not much of a test. Go back outside and get another 80 rounds. Dont worry I'll clean the gun for ya.
I was thinking more than 350 rounds would be a solid test regimen.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now, if we could get you to make a run on some PT140 G2 recoil spring assemblies! See how I smoothly hijacked this thread? Cool, huh? :D :p :icon_ poke:
Yeah, that shouldn't be to difficult for him, then we can slide the 1911 in on him.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here's your sneak preview. I had the honor of being one of the first to test out the new 24/7g2 (compact) recoil assembly. I hope we can generate enough interest to get Al to put this into production because I've been on Lakelines butt about making these available. I've ran about 20 rounds through it so far with no problems. The rim on the stainless sleeve will never chip like we've seen with the thin stock metal sleeve. Who said that? I said that.
Wow!! That sure is a purty recoil assembly!!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What would the price be? Is it just for rod? Or is it the whole assembly with springs.

Edc: taurus 24/7 g2 compact 9mm.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
As of yet, No there is not one. The coil spring are for the Compact 24/7. Nothing for the full size.
Taurus has had no trouble producing the full sized recoil assemblies, but their inability to ship a compact one for my 24/7G2C 45ACP séssentially prompted me to trade mine off...still have the 9mm and .40S&W though :cool:.

I'll be checking that website!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Taurus has had no trouble producing the full sized recoil assemblies, but their inability to ship a compact one for my 24/7G2C 45ACP séssentially prompted me to trade mine off...still have the 9mm and .40S&W though :cool:.

I'll be checking that website!
I don't understand how a manufacturer that large can have parts on "back order". Are they not still producing the guns? I think their in financial trouble. I wish they would just moved manufacturing to Miami.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts