Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 24/7 pro LS in 40 S&W and almost every last round in
mag nose-dives into the top of the chamber. I'm loading 175gr. SWC
over 4.0-4.3gr. W-231, OAL 1,120-24. Can anyone see any particular
problems with this load and might this be the possible cause of my
problem? I have some clays in the shop & thinking of loading some up
to try. Will I see any difference? Thank for any help.
MB
:-\

·
Registered
846 Posts
Do you have the same problem with jacketed bullets? I haven't loaded any lead bullets in my .40's and most likely wont, but if you hang on there are guys in here that have and will give you info that will help. If only the last round does it, seems strange. I like to follow up on these to learn myself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try messing with the overall length since you are using a different style of bullet than a normal FMJ bullet. It almost sounds like you need to go a little longer. Mark

·
Administrator
18,469 Posts
Semi-Wadcutters often cause this problem. Try Flatpoints (truncated cone) or regular Round Nosed Bullets instead.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I would say jwc is 100% correct, I've never loaded them but it did seem to me they would be a problem in the .40.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I shoot 40cal with 4gr. Bullseye and 180gr. Laser-cast. Gun shoots very accurate and cycles perfectly, this after much trial and error.

·
Administrator
40,678 Posts
I don't load .40 cal. but is this a light load? I loaded a batch of .45 acp once to lightly and had a similar problem. :???:
Roscoe45's load with Bullseye would seem to be a hotter load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.