Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What holsters are you all using for a 24.7 pro .45?

I am looking for one that fits inside the pants, possibly with a tactical light/laser on the gun. I like the nylon holsters, but I am not sure if that is better than the hard molded ones.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I use a cheap one I got at Carters Country that looks like an Uncle Mikes but it was only 7 bucks ;D

I dont waist money on holsters that I could be spending on ammo or other toys ;D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MPanova said:
I use a cheap one I got at Carters Country that looks like an Uncle Mikes but it was only 7 bucks ;D
Whirlwind06 said:
The Don Hume holster I have works pretty good.
Do either have a spot for a tactical light or laser?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
As much as I love the smell of new leather, I hate the smell of leather that's full of sweat. That's why I, too am partial to nylon. It can be thrown in the washer and "de-funked".
This is a holster that I'm concidering for my PT 92 for when the lasrlyte is mounted. If you e-mail the parent company they will reply. They came back to me within 48 hours when I inquired about two different holsters.
This link is to one of the disributors. They have nice pictures. http://www.holsterss.com/servlet/th...ters,side-holsters,tactical,laser,rail/Detail
This is the manufacturers' link: http://www.protechoutdoors.com/index.htm

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last night, I found an Uncle Mike's #5 for $10.99, in a retail store. Better than any price on the net, if you include shipping.

I like the way it fits, I'm not sure how it will accommodate a laser, as there does not seem to be much room.

But I do like the holster.

Thanks for the opinions.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE: I ended up taking this one back, and buying a hip holster. Still an Uncle Mikes #5, just on the outside of the pants.

The inside the pants one, did not really conceal the gun like I was hoping. Everything I wore showed a big bulge on my right hip. If it is not going to be concealed from sight, I may as well carry it on my hip. Or so as I see it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
the galco inside the pants holster looks nice...but good lord its expensive...I want to find one like that but nylon

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got a cheapo one off Ebay that should be coming next week. I probably won't wear it much as it was bought just to keep the gun in when it's not being carried in the case.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bubba said:
the galco inside the pants holster looks nice...but good lord its expensive...I want to find one like that but nylon
Try eBay. I got mine for $40.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i have strong side and weak side c-tac holsters for those serious carry days when an oups is unthinkable, or when i need to be tucked. but my 24/7 and millenium spend most of there time in a uncle mikes size 15.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts