Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all

I am a first time buyer of taurus and i was wondering i really like the 24/7 series i am swaying more to the .45 than the .40 but ive noticed that they dont offer the rubbery ripped grip on the .45 only on the smaller cals and i dont really want to 9mm or a .40

1. does anyone know why this is?
2. is there anyway to buy and then put on the grip (on the .45)

Thanxs

·
Registered
846 Posts
I got a 24/7 in .40 to my knowledge you can't get the grips or I would have had a set on my Mill. pro. They are nice, I was not aware they didn't come on the .45, but I've never looked at them either. Just not a big .45 fan, oops that'll start it, lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the 24/7 pro 45 and the grip feels great without the rubber. I guess if you want rubber you could buy a hogue slip on grip but I don't think it needs it. They probably didn't put the rubber on the 45 because the grip is bigger than the 9mm or the 40 cal already. Mark

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have the 24/7 Pro 45. I really love the grips as they come. But then my fingers, especially my trigger finger, is short. That, of course, has a lot to do with the trigger position. I was astonished to learn that it was a dual stack. I feel no more recoil from it than I feel from a 38 special revolver.

JimL

·
Registered
33 Posts
"Just not a big .45 fan, oops that'll start it, lol."
You could really start something there. The .45 is a better real world cartridge. You should always double tap, the 45 is easier than the .40 to do this accuratly.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know , I know I'm just an odd ball, lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They probably didn't put the rubber on the .45's for a couple of reasons. Like railroader said, the grips are large enough as is, and adding the rubber would've made them bigger. However, I think the main reason they didn't incorporate the rubber into the grips of the .45 was to prevent limp wristed shooting. The majority of malfunction issues among .45 pistols seems to be caused by "limp wristing" the pistol when shooting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The grip on the 24/7 is what sold me on the gun. It just fit so nicely in my hand. 13 rounds of .45acp is nice to have on tap.

·
Registered
235 Posts
PisnNapalm said:
The grip on the 24/7 is what sold me on the gun. It just fit so nicely in my hand. 13 rounds of .45acp is nice to have on tap.
As soon as I held the 24/7, I knew it was the gun for me. Best grips hands down, but mine is a .40, so I have the Ribber grip. I love it. 16 rounds of .40 doesn't hurt either ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
same here, just got a .45 24/7 and i love the grip, question guys, is there any available grips for our 24/7? thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts