Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you tell what generation 24/7 pro you have ? I have a third gen Mill pro pt111.
I 've read some bad reveiws on the 24/7 pro 45 ACP. I changed my mind about buying one because all of the bad reviews. Is the 24/7 pro 45 ACP reliable?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just bought one and haven't had a single issue with it. I only have 175 rounds through, but no issues with them. There are plenty of others on here that have the gun and I am sure they will tell you it is awesome.

·
Administrator
35,177 Posts
I didn't clean my 24/7 Pro 45 cal before I took it to the range - big mistake - too much packing grease I suppose. After a good cleaning, have taken it back 3 times and NO problems whatsoever. Big thumbs up from me. :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I didn't clean mine too well before the first range session either, and after about 200 rounds or so I had a couple of light primer strikes. I'm blaming either the packing grease or bad primers. They did go off after restriking them in double action a couple of times, so I cannot be sure of what exactly went on with them. The gun functioned perfectly before and after....so I'm leaning towards the primers.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have a 2006 model with 10,000+ rounds through it all with out any gun related problems, I have a 2007 model I carry and its been perfect through well over 1000 rounds of various HP's, both 45acp

you can tell what year it was made by the 2nd letter in the serial number

1 - 5 of 5 Posts