Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my pistol second hand can anyone recommend a good replacement grip should i e the bullet and pay Taurus redo it and has anyone gone through Taurus to do this if so what kind a cash money am I looking at spending

·
Administrator
18,179 Posts
This thread shows some options: http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24-7-series/85246-24-7-pro-fix.html

Popular Options are:
Pachmayr Slip On Grip for the S&W M&P
Hogue Handall Universal Grip Sleeve

The Ribbers on my 24/7 Pro 9mm are almost gone and soon I will put a Hogue Handall Universal Grip Sleeve on it, as I have on my .45 24/7 OSS pictured below:

Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45 w/Hogue Slip On Grip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taurus licensed an airsoft version of the 24/7 pistols with the exact same rubber grip that even includes the Taurus logo. They retail for about $25. However, if you're as cheap as I am, you can find the airsoft pistols that don't work for whatever reason on ebay regularly for $10 or less.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Taurus licensed an airsoft version of the 24/7 pistols with the exact same rubber grip that even includes the Taurus logo. They retail for about $25. However, if you're as cheap as I am, you can find the airsoft pistols that don't work for whatever reason on ebay regularly for $10 or less.

I did that with mine right before I sold it. It looked great and the dealer I sold it to gave me $50 more than I expected.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Was it difficult to swap the rubber grips out? Any details would be helpful.
Not difficult just a little tedious. When I did mine I had a lot of the old ribber grip stick to the polymer frame. The new grip came off the airsoft gun with ease. When I put the new one on my 24/7 I used a little glue on the top and bottom just to make the ribber stick.

·
Administrator
18,179 Posts
I ended up going with the Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove, normally meant for the S&W M&P Series, that TexasTaurusGuy recommended. Works great!

Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm with Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove, normally meant for the S&W M&P Series.
Installed this due to Factory Ribber Grips wearing off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts