Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have just recently got my g2c in last week. when the week end arrived i took it to range fired it and after about three or four rounds it stays in da, and no fire so i have to decock it to fire it(basically putting it into sa). so i went home and cleaned the gun for hours. afterwards i was able to get to the range thirty min before they close and put maybe three to four rounds out of the 10 round mag and same thing tried with the 12 round mag and same thing. really need help im kinda stuck here after two days of cleaning and the same results. m waiting for my concealed permit to come so i can carry and would like any info if anyone else has had this problem. thanks

or is there something wrong and should i take it to my lgs

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Welcome aboard, and Greetings from DFW, Tx. :)

From your post, it does not seem clear to me if you are having a mag/feed problem, or an issue with the trigger mechanism. I've attached a link to a thread I started regarding the problem I was having with my G2's trigger. Perhaps something in there is what is happening to yours, and maybe it can help you out. Depending on your LGS, you could let them take a look, or just call Taurus customer service and take advantage of the Taurus Lifetime Warranty.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24-7-series/60506-24-7-g2bc-45-trigger-reset-sa-da.html

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Welcome from central FL will get back to you on you dilemma.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks zylo_x your answers on the holster issue with the g2c helped me and my order is in with theis thanks to you and the forum.as far as the issue it seems like a trigger issue after its in double action i have to decock it and then it will fire. another thing is that taurus is maybe thirty or forty min from my house. do they take walk in or do i ship to them??? just a question again any info appreciatted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for welcoming me. i have had my pt945 and love it very accurate. love taurus guns and there profiles are nice. but hopefully i can get this issue figured out and start putting some long range days in with my g2c 45

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, I would call Taurus and ask them if there is something simple that you can check. They may let you bring it in to the office for repair being you are so close, at least it would not hurt to ask.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
thanks zylo_x your answers on the holster issue with the g2c helped me and my order is in with theis thanks to you and the forum.as far as the issue it seems like a trigger issue after its in double action i have to decock it and then it will fire. another thing is that taurus is maybe thirty or forty min from my house. do they take walk in or do i ship to them??? just a question again any info appreciatted.
Don't blame me! :D Glad I could help. You should call Taurus customer service about the walk in issue, I'm sure the security guards would appreciate the notice before you show up with a gun. Unfortunately, it does kinda sound like the opposite of my problem, and you'll probably join the waiting list for trigger bars from Brazil. Give Taurus a call, and please keep us posted. Good luck with that.

Reactions: taurian

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess tomorrow i will be giving them a call. but before that im going to try my lgs to see if they can tell me something i missed (i hope) , hoping they can fix it, if not then i will just have to be on the list.

already on the list for the 10 round mags so i guess waiting a little more cant hurt since my holsters will be here for a few weeks

thanks again for the input will keep you posted on results

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
i guess tomorrow i will be giving them a call. but before that im going to try my lgs to see if they can tell me something i missed (i hope) , hoping they can fix it, if not then i will just have to be on the list.

already on the list for the 10 round mags so i guess waiting a little more cant hurt since my holsters will be here for a few weeks

thanks again for the input will keep you posted on results
Sometimes it hurts to be on the cutting edge of 'toys'. :D

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks harrychl. i've been trying to find a forum with taurus lovers like myself, and im glad i found this place with quick replies and helpful members.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks harrychl. benn trying to find a forum with taurus lovers like myself, with quick replies and awesome members

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well I must say I'm thankful that my G2c .45 is running like a top....although I still at this point hate the trigger in both modes. Going to get some more snap cap time in with it this evening.....keep us posted on this. What kind of holster did you go for?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i called the office in miami and they dont accept drop off or walk ins. just for the record. if i wanted repaired from them they will mail you a box to ship it in.so i took it to my lgs and the gunsmith there has it waiting on call to see if i have to wait three to four weeks or if i will be able to start really breking that thing in.. got my fingers crossed

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
so i called the office in miami and they dont accept drop off or walk ins. just for the record. if i wanted repaired from them they will mail you a box to ship it in.so i took it to my lgs and the gunsmith there has it waiting on call to see if i have to wait three to four weeks or if i will be able to start really breking that thing in.. got my fingers crossed
Well, I hope they give you an 'estimate' before they do any work that will cost you money. If it requires anything more than an 'adjustment', you'll still wind up waiting because even the gunsmith will have to get parts from Taurus. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so i got off work today and the gunsmith called m that e little after to say that my g2c was ready for pick up. so i went to my lgs and talked with him, he says that the striker was catching on the latch and causing it not to fire after a few rounds. so i paid for my services and walked to there range section and let off 100 rounds, after about a hundred or so the gun started acting up, so i walked back to the counter and told him it was doing it again. so he grabbed it and told me to wait about ten minutes. he came back and told me he took off just a little more from the latch that was catching from the edge and if theres any more problems that he will fix it for me. so thumbs up to ''national armory'' in pompano beach south fl. and tomorrow im going to restock on about five hundred rounds and just let it all out. lol

thanks again to all the people that gave me advise really appreciate it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and almost forgot it cost around 80 bucks. id rather pay that than wait a month for just a reply and longer if they have to fix it. and im still on waiting list for the mag about a month or longer

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
taylorman2034... i went with the theis concealment holster and the double mag holster as well... thats the only place i found the makes a good iwb holster thats comfy.. but the elite line is okay but the holster doesnt hold in the gun really well it can slips out occasionally... thats a big nono when carrying concealed. so i went with theis ... two reasons there cheaper than cross breed and the holster is made for that gun not some gun thats close and i have to modify after paying 60 or more for the holster from crossbreed. because if i wait four weeks as they say and modify it and damage it im out 60 or so bucks not cool.....

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
so i got off work today and the gunsmith called m that e little after to say that my g2c was ready for pick up. so i went to my lgs and talked with him, he says that the striker was catching on the latch and causing it not to fire after a few rounds. so i paid for my services and walked to there range section and let off 100 rounds, after about a hundred or so the gun started acting up, so i walked back to the counter and told him it was doing it again. so he grabbed it and told me to wait about ten minutes. he came back and told me he took off just a little more from the latch that was catching from the edge and if theres any more problems that he will fix it for me. so thumbs up to ''national armory'' in pompano beach south fl. and tomorrow im going to restock on about five hundred rounds and just let it all out. lol

thanks again to all the people that gave me advise really appreciate it
Glad to hear it worked out, and I agree that sometimes I'd rather pay a little for the convenience, but I just hope that didn't Void any possible warranty issues in the future.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I asked taurus. Before i dropped it off and they said no it doesn't void the warranty. They told me its a lifetime warranty

1 - 20 of 22 Posts