Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 24/7 G2C 9mm I really liked the feel and fit.. Took it to the range loaded the 13 rd mag after the 4th round I got my first Horizontal jam.. 2 rounds later another HJ, I switched to the 17 rd magazine and fired all 17 rounds.. reloaded the 17rd and I got 3 more HJ in that clip.. out of 150 rounds I had 20+ HJs.. and all where the same type. went home cleaned really good and went back to the range.. less than 5 rounds later I got another HJ then is was every one or two rounds and HJ.. The brass keeps getting hung up under the "loaded chamber indicator" and it looked like a double load was happening.. I'm attempting to add a pic... Any feed back would be helpful :cool:.. Probably going to send back the manufacture

Attachments

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
First thig is to clean the mags, making sure there isn't any Taurus goop in there..................
Next is to load those mags and let them sit a few days, break that spring in...............
Try that first and let the board know how it went!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Try locking your wrist while firing. My gut feeling says this might be coming from limp wristing.

·
Registered
24,668 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loudviking; I took the mags apart no goop I wiped them down, no change.... Both clips where full for 2 days....

Three %; I read about that before I took it to the range.. One of staff also tried and got the same result twice..

211USMC & [email protected]; Thanks for the welcome, I'm not new to fire arms, but I gotta a lot a rust....

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I bought a 24/7 g2 c in 40 S&W, it was doing the same thing.
I had a PT 111g2 to compare it to and noticed the ejector was not bent correctly.
It would knock the empty loose from the extractor, but cause the empty to fall on the top of the next round in the mag.
I bent it a little more and it worked fine.

Try puting an empty in the chamber and retract the slide slowly and observe .

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Welcome to the FORUM, we're glad to have y'all with us!! Sorry to hear you're having some problems with your 24/7. I've never experienced that with mine, but with all the "input" so far, hopefully you can get the issue resolved. Best of luck!!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Here is what the ejector should look like.
20160227_090051.jpg
My 24/7 had it leaning more towards the rt side of the photo. (Left side of gun if held in shooting position)
See there is a lot of room in the ejector slot in the slide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I started out with 125gr I bought at our local gun show. Then tried 115gr FMJ from the local gun range... I did send it back to Taurus Mfg and now its a 4-6 weeks.. I will update as soon as get to the range again...

reloader64; I would like to do a stare & compare to see if that might have been the problem, I was more concerned about the loaded chamber indicator because of the casing getting hung up there. It looked more like the chamber indicator trying to stop the casing from ejecting... The pic is dark in that area. The way I see it (and I no mechanical Eng.) the bolt would pull back, the chamber indicator would rock back leaving a gap, the ejector starts the grab process then round coming up pushes
up the spent round before the ejector has a chance to move the casing in a semi parallel direction away from loaded chamber indicator. I does sound like that mag springs were not condition but I did leave them fully loaded for 3 days

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the long delay ... The 24/7 was gone about 10 business days.. Wow!! According to the paper work. They replaced the ejector spring and rear sight.. and checked the feed ramp... all good

Off to the range!! About 75 rounds down range, without any issue... except maybe operator error in the aiming dept..

Went to a friends property to do some rifle shooting, brought the 9mm out again and 150 various mfg. rounds later I was a happy gun owner

Hats off to Taurus they took care of all the costs..

·
Registered
333 Posts
I bought a 24/7 g2 c in 40 S&W, it was doing the same thing.
I had a PT 111g2 to compare it to and noticed the ejector was not bent correctly.
It would knock the empty loose from the extractor, but cause the empty to fall on the top of the next round in the mag.
I bent it a little more and it worked fine.

Try puting an empty in the chamber and retract the slide slowly and observe .
My ejector looks just like yours did, how did you bend it back to position?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts