Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if it is possible to use a different caliber barrel in a 24/7 G2 compact? I've got a full-size M&P, and I know you can do barrel swaps for in certain combinations with them, and I was wondering if it were possible, at least in theory to do the same with the 24/7 G2.
(a 9mm M&P barrel will fit a .40 S&W M&P slide, though the stock barrel will leave a couple thousandths of an inch side to side play at the grip end of the barrel in lockup (all the dimensions *except* that trapezoid are identical). After market barrels are available

My is chambered in .40 S&W, but due to finger pain during sustained shooting (a weekend at TDI, for example) I'm thinking of switching to 9mm for the reduced recoil, and if I can do it just by swapping barrels and magazines, I can gain a bit of flexibility in case of future ammo shortages without spending quite so much money.

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
I have no idea but whar you gonna get an extra barrel for a G-2??????

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose it's mostly theoretical at this point. There's not much point in *trying* to get a different caliber barrel if it's not going to fit.
I'll see if I can get dimensions for the .40 barrel posted soon. That way anyone with calipers can post other calibers, and see if they're the same or not.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Interesting idea.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
In hopes that this might answer the question, I've taken measurements of my barrel (24/7 G2 compact .40 S&W).
Sadly, my calipers are limited to 100ths of an inch, so this line of inquiry may not be conclusive...

Barrel
- diameter @ muzzle: 15.2mm (0.59")
- diameter @ grooves: 14.9mm (0.58")
- length (overall): 88.8mm (3.49")

Chamber Dimensions
- length (excl. tang): 29.6mm (1.16")
- length (incl. tang): 33.3mm (1.31")
- length (overhang): 3.7mm (0.14")
- width (overall): 15.6mm (0.61")
- width (tang): 10.6mm (0.41")
- width (lug): 6.9mm (0.27")
- width (feed ramp): 8.3mm (0.32")
- height (excl. feed ramp & lug): 16.8mm (0.66")
- height (incl. feed ramp): 20.0mm (0.78")
- height (incl. lug): 22.9mm (0.90")

Chamber Flag Cut Out
- width: 2.5mm (0.09")
- length: 2.7mm (0.10")

All dimensions are noted with the barrel upright:
length = horizontal, parallel to the barrel
width = horizontal, perpendicular to the barrel
height = vertical, perpendicular to the barrel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts