Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I am about 400 rounds in. Today everytime I loaded up, either mag, 8+ rounds, I got a FTE or stove pipe.

Is it safe to assume that it's less like mechanical and that I could be limp wristing it? It usually was one the first shot. However, and this is making me think its not mechanical, if I loaded 6 rounds or less, no FTEs or stove pipes.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn't mean the ammo you used today was bad ammo. It just simply doesn't work for your gun. Two guns of the same model might not like the same ammo.
Ok. I'll get some Winchester vs Federal vs whatever else field tested. Thanks! I'm also stripping the mags down. I made one adjustment in the mag that made the ammo sit better tonight. So maybe that was it too

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
24/7 G2 45 Compact FTF FTE

Hey guys. I posted on here a week or so back about some issues I was having with stovepipes, brass not ejecting and sometimes it would double stack a round into the chamber.

I hoped it was just ammo. So for a fair test, I took 800 rounds to the range today, and both mags. I started with Tulammo, Federal, WWB, Hornady HD, Blazer, American Eagle, and UMC.

The 10 round mag with 6 or more rounds jammed up every time. The 12 rd mag loaded to capacity, only jammed up once with WWB. I loaded the 12 rd up 2 more times with WWB, it was flawless. With every other ammo the 12 rd mag ran fine

There was a guy next to me who had the 9mm version and he said he had the same issue. So he took his spring out of his magazine, and worked it back and forth, and stretched it bigger than stock. Once he did that it ran flawlessly. I tried that and wouldn't you know, it ran through 3 full mags perfectly. The 4th, she jammed up again. I pulled the spring and it had compressed back to its normal size.

So after some work, I am assuming its the 10 round mag, which stinks because that is the mag I carry. But I can currently carry with 5 + 1 until I get it fixed. But if I wanted 5 I would of bought the XDs haha. So I will be calling Taurus to get it replaced!

I apologize in advanced for any grammar issues. Currently my 2 year old is watching Sesame St and jumping up and down on my lap while I type this on my iPhone!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.