Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed that the follower on my 12-round mag sticks up further than the follower on my 10-round mag. I'm wondering if this is normal. I load/unload the mags several times a day (to break them in) and, on the 10-round mag, the bottom of some of the casings sometimes get snagged on the front of the mag. I think this could've contributed to the feed issues I was having during my 1st trip to the range. ...or would the feed ramp lift the round prior to this happening if the magazine were in the gun. In other words, is this something that's only happening due to the fact that the mag is not in the weapon. I cannot duplicate this with the 12-round mag. Visually the two mags do not appear to be different from eachother whatsoever (other than the difference in the level of the follower). I can't see what could be stopping it. Is this an LGS fix or a Taurus fix. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the factory 10 round, factory 12 round, and 2 extra 12 round mags purchased through CTD. I have NOT had ANY trouble whatsoever with ANY of the 12 round mags. However, I have not had anything BUT trouble from the 10 round mag. I took it out again last weekend, and every time I tried to start with it fully loaded, it would jam after the 4th shot. I have taken it apart several times, and can NOT figure out what is wrong. Taurus said that they would replace it, but gee sorry they do not have any. Therefore, my .45 G2 "compact" will only work correctly with the full size mags.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Reactions: JodyQ
1 - 3 of 3 Posts