Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a G2C in 45 acp from Bud's for $275 a few weeks ago (SO HAPPY). I have been wanting one of these for quite a while, and finally jumped on it when I saw that price. Anyways, I noticed the mag release was extremely hard to use, almost requiring 2 hands and was super gritty. I snapped a picture then took it apart to see if it needed polishing. Well after taking it apart and finding it already polished, I couldn't get it all back together (surprise!) Well here was the picture before taking it apart:[HR][/HR]

20150115_212849_zps5b5e7f5c.jpg

I found a helpful thread here:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24-7-series/129282-any-one-ever-take-apart-g2-mag-release.html

And a picture from member ISSMER (Thanks x1000 for the picture, you saved the day for me):

100406d1415666358-any-one-ever-take-apart-g2-mag-release-img_20141110_181213.jpg

You can see from my picture that the spring was all bundled up under the lever, where it should have a leg sticking out. After switching it back to how ISSMER has it shown, it is much much better.

So if your mag catch is nearly impossible to use, take a look at how the spring was installed.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
That picture looks oddly familiar. I am glad you got it corrected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts