Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 24/7 G2c .40 new a while back. Shortly after I bought it I ran roughly 125 rounds through it to check function and it performed flawless. The next time out about 15 out of 75 rounds stovepiped. In the last couple of weeks I have shot roughly 300 rounds through it hoping it was just needing to "break in" but I still had problems. It went from stovepipe to not even releasing from the extractor. Last week after a very through cleaning and proper lubeing as well as breaking down and cleaning both mags. Roughly every other shot the casing stayed locked in the extractor with the best run without malfunction being 4 rounds. Well over 25 rounds out of 100 FTE. I have tried several different types of ammo. (Speer gold dot, WWB, winchester SF frangible, blazer independance, blazer brass, federal hydra-shock, and federal champion) problems with every different one. Any ideas on what it might be? After every try I cleaned and lubed it properly. I want this to be my CCW pistol but even one malfunction is too many. Trip back to Taurus?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Keep shooting it. I have the same issue with my 24/7 G2C 9mm but I think it's my mags. The 17 round mag gives me the most trouble when loading it and trying to fire with it. The rounds get stuck alf way in the mag and the spring doesn't push them up and if i have to eject the mag because of FTE then what rounds are in the mag will actually fall out. The 13 rd. mag seems to be okay but loading and using one mag at the range? I also broke them down and cleaned them.
Calling Taurus on Monday and I better get some answers or it might be for sale. Sad thing is I love the feel and the way it handles when it operates correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just stopped by my local gun shop and talked to them. The gun smith is going to check it out Monday morning and make sure it isn't something simple I overlooked. If not they are shipping it to Taurus in the afternoon. Roughly $28 to ship. I called Taurus CS and got right through and they seemed helpful and got me a work order number. Hopefully it returns soon. It is a great feeling gun and it shot great for the first little bit. I definately plan to keep it when it gets repaired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, after taurus had the pistol for roughly 8 weeks to replace the extractor and extractor spring and adjust something else (I forgot what they adjusted). I was down with medical issues for another 7 weeks. I just took the pistol to the range to function check and sight it in. It ran flawlessly for the 200 rounds I put down range. The only issue now is that the 15 rd mag does not put the last round into batter. The slide locks open. If I release the slide it puts that last round into battery. The 11 rd mag works fine. It is a problem with the mag. I took it down and gave it a good cleaning last night and will be testing it soon. Either way I am buying a couple more mags soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but for what it is worth.... I have the G2 24/7 in .40 cal and was having random ejection problems also. What I found was the spent round rim was hanging up underneath the loaded round indicator. It did not matter if I used the short or long mags or if I used factory loads or reloads. I removed the indicator and have not had the extraction problem since. More than 400 rounds fired since. Both factory and reloads, copper and lead. Love this pistol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts