Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having some FTFeed issues with my new G2 45 compact, so just gave all another cleaning including the Mag.s, and havent got to try yet. But today I took out my oringal 24/7 compact 9mm. I dont know if its the difference in 9mm vs. 45 or if its the difference in the new trigger system but the old (G1?) trigger feels like a 1911 compared to the G2. Of course there is the typical Taurus striker fired feel, but after 150 rounds on the G2 my trigger finger was actually sore. I shoot pretty darn often and that has never happened. Any one else noticed the difference or is it me or just this gun. Pull feels literally pounds heavier?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the G2 in 40 and the trigger on it is terrible. I have deep cleaned it as best I can without taking the frame and trigger assembly apart.
I have taking the slide often, and worked the trigger hundreds of times. So far it still seems the same to me. I get a bit flinchy when shooting it, the trigger is so hard and gritty to me. I have put more than 500 rounds down range though this gun.
Now, I have a G2 in 9mm, and the trigger on it is great. Very smooth and nice trigger. I really would like to know just what the difference is.
I hope some one comes up with a solution for it.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Welcome aboard, and Greetings from DFW, TX.

Nice to have another G2 owner around here. I too have the G2C-45, and can say that it has taken hundreds of rounds, and countless time working a snap cap, but the trigger does get better. Unfortunately, I'm having an issue with the trigger resetting during mag changes, and perhaps that could play into the trigger feel. I never had one feel like a 1911. The link below is to the thread I posted about my trigger issue. Others have had the problem, but thought it was normal. You should be aware, and call CS if you have any problems.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24-7-series/60506-24-7-g2bc-45-trigger-reset-sa-da.html

Good luck and Happy Shootin'!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from another G2 owner. My 40 has about 500 rounds through it now and I am starting to really starting to like it as well as the trigger. Mine did take some getting used to it but now that I have gotten used to it I am starting to get really accurate with it. I have not shot a 45 version of it and wonder if it is any different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts