Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last week, after my approximately 1400th round, through my .40 caliber 24/7 G2 full-size, my trigger safety spring sheared off on one end. I contacted Taurus, and was told they wouldn't sell me the part, but would repair the weapon free of charge. I really didn't want to go through the hassle of having to wait on them, so I've contacted a spring manufacturer who has agreed to produce a replacement.

It may be a month or two before I have them, since I had to buy a salvaged trigger assembly to get a non-broken unit to send to the spring company. I'm waiting for the salvage assembly now, and will update this post as soon as I receive it and send it to the spring company.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Just gonna warn you that if something goes wrong with the gun(thinking proactive, not reactive) you
will be responsible for any problems, including anyone who buys the part from you.....................
And is the Spring Manufacturer aware it's for a firearm!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah. I need merely state that neither I nor the manufacturer are responsible for anything that happens as a result of using this spring. And by purchasing said spring, one would be accepting this agreement.

And, yes, the manufacturer is completely and explicitly aware of what the spring will be used for.

I don't think it will matter much though. There doesn't seem to be any real interest in splitting the cost of this with me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts