Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As I have said on this board I have added another G2 to my collection, a standard size stainless in .40 S&W. I have started a little project to cleanup the trigger on this new gun and I thought I might share what I find with you. I am not sure, but if there is sufficient interest I will take some photos and do a little write-up as I go.

So far I have gotten all the gritty feel out of my trigger, all with a bit of work on the slide and striker. While I have done nothing about trigger pull yet I am quite pleased at how much I have been able to smooth things out. So far this has just been a traditional clean and polish job.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
:nopics:

·
Administrator
35,787 Posts
Hi,

As I have said on this board I have added another G2 to my collection, a standard size stainless in .40 S&W. I have started a little project to cleanup the trigger on this new gun and I thought I might share what I find with you. I am not sure, but if there is sufficient interest I will take some photos and do a little write-up as I go.

So far I have gotten all the gritty feel out of my trigger, all with a bit of work on the slide and striker. While I have done nothing about trigger pull yet I am quite pleased at how much I have been able to smooth things out. So far this has just been a traditional clean and polish job.
I would proceed with caution. It probably wouldn't take much to void your lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would be interested in your results. I have a G2 in 40 and now have about 1000 rounds through it and the trigger is still terrible.
I have one in 9mm and the trigger is much better. Not as good as any of my glocks, but much better than the 40 cal.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I would be interested in your results. I have a G2 in 40 and now have about 1000 rounds through it and the trigger is still terrible.
I have one in 9mm and the trigger is much better. Not as good as any of my glocks, but much better than the 40 cal.
Has it gotten any better? Mine has around 1000 rounds through it as well and mine really smoothed out around 500 rounds. A friend who shoots with me shot it yesterday and was really surprised at how it has broken in. Maybe I got lucky but so far it is on the path to becoming one of my favorites, it probably won't beat my PT99 but it may take second.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I smoothed out the trigger by taking off the slide, pressing the decock lever fully and just pulling the trigger 1000+ while watching the tv. watching how it functions helped me figure out where the rub is

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
See, all it takes is smarts and patience and fiddling with it until it work like it's s'posed to.

Oh, BTW, you can get the smarts here.. like I do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See, all it takes is smarts and patience and fiddling with it until it work like it's s'posed to.

Oh, BTW, you can get the smarts here.. like I do.
Patience and fiddling... there is something to this. Plus being familiar with the innards of a lot of striker fired pistols helps too.

I will post a few details once I have a photo or two taken.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I smoothed out the trigger by taking off the slide, pressing the decock lever fully and just pulling the trigger 1000+ while watching the tv. watching how it functions helped me figure out where the rub is
ditto i did the same and the rubbing on mines was harsh until it wore down some. i oiled it up a few times in teh process. but its not as stiff/hard as it was.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm thinking putting a little valve lapping compound on the trigger bar and then working the trigger repeatedly would help smooth things down considerably. Then blast all the compound out with brake clean. This way it's no disassembly required

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm sorry i no this is the wrong thread for my ? but i cant figure out how to start a new one...does anyone know of a laser that will fit my pt 24/7 9mm compact?also are there any night sights for it?

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Go to the appropriate forum and hit the button: NEW THREAD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts