Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct me to a link or offer some help on getting the manual safety detent ball back where it goes in the 24/7 G2 .40 cal.. Mine popped out and I didn't see where it came from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You tube is no help. They only take the slides off.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Are you talking about the manual safety ball (6.09)?

If so it goes into the little hole on the left side of the mechanism housing (6.01) as shown in the manual on page 30. The difficult part is that you have to depress manual safety ball and the manual safety ball spring (6.08) while putting the manual safety (6.07) on the mechanism housing. It is a finesse job. Make sure you don't let the ball and soring get away from you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it's a very tiny detent ball but, I got it back in now I need to find a way of geting the mag release button with the spring and collar back in. The pin goes through the spring but, they are behind the button retainer and it takes about 4 hands. I know there must be a easier way. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just bought it and as soon as I got home with it I took it apart to Duracoat it. That is one of the things I do in my shop. But, this spring and pin inside the magazine compartment is a pain in the butt. Can't find any videos on youtube. Taurus won't help. I'
been searching google, Bing and still haven't found what I need. They get close but stop before they get to the part I need to see.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Yes I am. I cannot find just the ball. Do you have any suggestions?
I thought you got the manual safety ball installed. If not, you can't buy the part from Taurus. Your best bet is send it to Taurus. The other alternative Is to look fir a replacement at a hobby shop or hardware store. I don't know the specs (size, #, tensile strength, etc).

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
0.094 (3/32) inch stainless steel ball bearing.

I bought a set of BC Precision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts