Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your Taurus 24/7 G2 does not stay in single action during a mag change, it is FAULTY. get it fixed or replaced. Having to pull the trigger before releasing the slide to keep it in SA is DANGEROUS and NOT a normal condition.

The ONLY three ways to put your gun back in double action are #1 using the decocker #2 pulling the trigger with no round in the chamber and dry firing #3 experiencing a No Fire. If your pistol goes to double action at any other point this is not normal function.

I've posted this here because I don't want to see someone get hurt or killed by pulling the trigger at any time other than firing your handgun.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Amen to that, brother! I attached the link to a thread I had about the issue. The end result, after many phone calls, and 2 trips to Miami for repair, it now seems to function correctly. Taurus said it was a loose cam, and adjusted the trigger bar. I hope to get to the range this weekend to test fire. I had a few other G2 owners that thought, or accepted Taurus' explanation, that that was normal. I too highly recommend that any G2 owners with this issue get it addressed. ASAP.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24-7-series/60506-24-7-g2bc-45-trigger-reset-sa-da.html

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you! Safety is always top priority and should never be forgotten wether you are new or experienced.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Okay, stupid question. How can you tell? When you drop the mag, don't you have to rack the slide on a new one? Does the pistol stay in DA ALL the time?

·
Registered
258 Posts
CJS3
I would hope that the gun would go to the locked back slide position. So if you drop the mag and insert another, it should be in single action mode and all you would have to do is release the slide lock and pull the trigger, bang.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
CJS3
I would hope that the gun would go to the locked back slide position. So if you drop the mag and insert another, it should be in single action mode and all you would have to do is release the slide lock and pull the trigger, bang.
Does that mean that your pistol is DA only, all the time. I've seen this complaint about the 24/7 before, and never really understood how you could tell the difference. If the trigger on the 24/7 is like the trigger on my MilPro, I couldn't tell you the difference between the DA pull and the SA pull. It's all just trigger pull.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does that mean that your pistol is DA only, all the time. I've seen this complaint about the 24/7 before, and never really understood how you could tell the difference. If the trigger on the 24/7 is like the trigger on my MilPro, I couldn't tell you the difference between the DA pull and the SA pull. It's all just trigger pull.
There's a big difference between the double action and single action pull. Unless you use the decocker to put the pistol in DA, every pull should be SA. Never heard of the issue before, but is sounds like it was going to DA just after releasing the slide after a mag change.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
To summarize whats been covered in the attached thread... After firing the first round DA, the next 9 would be SA. After the 10th round, the slide would lock back on the empty mag. My problem started random and sporadic, then steady. Upon insertion of a loaded mag, the trigger would 'pop out' to DA from SA. On occasion, if the trigger stayed in SA when the mag was inserted, then it would 'pop' when I released the slide. After many phone calls to CS, and 2 trips to Miami, they finally said that it was a 'loose cam', and 'adjusted the trigger bar'. I hope to get to the range this weekend to test it.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Thanks. Like I said I'm not real familiar with the 24/7. I had one for about two months and then traded for a MilPro. He got a full sized 9 with 200 rounds through it, and I got a concealed carry 9 with 200 rounds through it. I later traded that for an older CZ, and bought a PT145 for CC.

·
Registered
52 Posts
1st picture is "DA-double action" mode usually is that way after you depress the decocker or on two strike.

2nd and 3rd picture (short distance trigger) is "SA- single action" set after the first pull or after a completed cycle after last bullet(without decocking) it stays in SA mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Thanks for the pics! With a striker instead of a hammer to visualize, I usually describe it as a 'full' or 'half' trigger pull.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got my 24/7 G2 Compact about 2 weeks ago and I am noticing that it always seems to be in DA no matter what I do.

I may be mistaken but I am sitting here with the gun and no mag.... when I pull the slide back and release -- it should now be in SA right?

Well I can tell both from the cocking indicator on the back of the gun and from the trigger position that it is not in SA.... I am guessing this is a problem :p

Edit: The weird thing is that when I took it to the range, I did not notice it doing this.... Maybe I was preoccupied with my new gun :rolleyes:

Well apparently there is conflicting information out there.... Check out the last post on this thread http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/55085-striker-not-cocking-24-7-g2-45acp.html

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I just got my 24/7 G2 Compact about 2 weeks ago and I am noticing that it always seems to be in DA no matter what I do.

I may be mistaken but I am sitting here with the gun and no mag.... when I pull the slide back and release -- it should now be in SA right?

Well I can tell both from the cocking indicator on the back of the gun and from the trigger position that it is not in SA.... I am guessing this is a problem :p
Nope, not so fast. From what you describe, I don't see a problem. Even if you chamber a round from a full mag, the first trigger pull would still be DA. Here is a link to another thread that discusses various trigger issues,and explains the 'trick' to put the trigger in SA. The best way to check for the DA reset is during live fire. After the last round in a mag, the trigger should stay in SA until Decocked or fail to fire, as per pages 22 & 23 in the manual. Mine was 'popping out' to DA when I loaded a full mag, or released the slide, sometimes. Yours' sounds 'normal' so far, but you should be sure to give it a thorough cleaning before test fire.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24-7-series/60506-24-7-g2bc-45-trigger-reset-sa-da.html

And, Welcome aboard. Glad to have another G2 owner here. What caliber?? Stainless??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope, not so fast. From what you describe, I don't see a problem. Even if you chamber a round from a full mag, the first trigger pull would still be DA. Here is a link to another thread that discusses various trigger issues,and explains the 'trick' to put the trigger in SA. The best way to check for the DA reset is during live fire. After the last round in a mag, the trigger should stay in SA until Decocked or fail to fire, as per pages 22 & 23 in the manual. Mine was 'popping out' to DA when I loaded a full mag, or released the slide, sometimes. Yours' sounds 'normal' so far, but you should be sure to give it a thorough cleaning before test fire.

And, Welcome aboard. Glad to have another G2 owner here. What caliber?? Stainless??
Thanks for the welcome! I have the 45 ACP in Stainless (24/7-G245SSC-12) :D

Yeah, I think I over-reacted a bit.... I knew it seemed like everything was fine at the range, but I just could not make since of the DA/SA operation when I was playing with it earlier.

Thanks for the help!

BTW, Does the trigger pull ease up any at all after a decent break in? It sure seemed pretty stiff on my first range outing...

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I have the 45 ACP in Stainless (24/7-G245SSC-12) :D

Yeah, I think I over-reacted a bit.... I knew it seemed like everything was fine at the range, but I just could not make since of the DA/SA operation when I was playing with it earlier.

Thanks for the help!

BTW, Does the trigger pull ease up any at all after a decent break in? It sure seemed pretty stiff on my first range outing...
Even with the 'luck' I've had so far, I'm still tempted to get the stainless too. Given my limited trigger time with mine, I can say it does get better with about 500 rounds, and lots of time with a snap cap, but I don't know how good it'll get. My finger would rub at the top of the trigger along the frame, and along the bottom of the trigger guard, so things felt better after it calloused-up on the sides.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want to see the noticeable difference between Da and SA do the following ; remove magazine and unloadgun, triple check if the gun is loaded, pull the slide about 1/4 back and pull the trigger ( do not hold it) then rack the pistol, your pistol should now.be in SA. Then pull the trigger since the gun is not loaded with no mag inside the gun will reset to DA. That is a simple SAFE way to see the diffrence

·
Registered
145 Posts
My trigger NOTICABLY smoothed out at about 120 rounds in....and I gave it a pretty good cleaning before I took it out for the first time. I'm sure it'll get better
with more range time and snap cap time.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
My trigger NOTICABLY smoothed out at about 120 rounds in....and I gave it a pretty good cleaning before I took it out for the first time. I'm sure it'll get better with more range time and snap cap time.
:clap:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there shooters!

I´m brazilian and I bought an 24/7 G2, Cal. .40 SW. Last week I was testing it at the shooting range and I noticed that in some shots the gun goes to double action by itself... Without manual decocking! Someone had the same problem?!
Another thing that struck me, is that the trigger weight in SA is heavier than in DA.

Any note would help!

Ps. Sorry for my english!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts