Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my 24/7 G2(full size) .40S&W very much, great performer and love the fit and finish, with that said, I want a 9mm . So which one would you get? G2 or OSS? Or are these two pretty much the same identical pistol?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
If you are really a fan of your 24/7 G2 .40 S&W, I'd recommend more of the same in a 9mm. ;)

The OSS is one fine shooting handgun, though; and if you decide on an OSS, you'd best be procuring one soon...as they have been discontinued by Taurus.

Reactions: bre346 and Issues

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I like my 24/7 G2(full size) .40S&W very much, great performer and love the fit and finish, with that said, I want a 9mm . So which one would you get? G2 or OSS? Or are these two pretty much the same identical pistol?
I have the G2C-45, and enjoy it much, so I might be a bit biased. LOL The only 'major' difference between them that I'm aware of is the G2 has a trigger safety. IMHO, while I do have other makes and models that have different triggers, I would suggest you get the G2 9mm to keep the 'feel' the same. If that's important to you, but either would be probably a fine choice.
YMMV. :D

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The OSS has a 5.25" barrel so it will be about an inch longer than you G2. I really like my OSS and it is a very accurate shooter.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered in a brand new 9mm version of my .40 (G2) ;) have to put it on layaway, but plan on puting half down($390) so it should take to long before I can take her home ...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the OSS in .45. If I were looking to buy one of the two in 9mm, I'd probably go with the OSS due to the lower price. I've seen some pretty good prices on them since Taurus discontinued them.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Yes, if you can find them, Taurus dropped the retail price to $299 until they are all gone.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I just ordered an OSS .45 blued from Bud's for $327 + $20 FFL on 3/12 and it will come to my LGS on Fri 3/16 according to UPS tracking. I'd like to get the 9mm version also but Bud's has run out of them. Other online sites that have the 9mm charge much higher for them.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
The FFL guy called me around noon to tell me my OSS had arrived. I came to his gun shop to pick up the gun. It looked very sweet but it was full of grease. I will give it a good bath tonight.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Congrats sir, give it two baths and shoot it in the morning. Lol

Reactions: Taurus10

·
Registered
35 Posts
My OSS 45 acp was the first pistol I bought, so I'm biased as well. It's more than accurate and no failures whatsoever. I love the ergonomics. I held a G2 in a local store and didn't like the way it felt. But, to each his own. It seemed like a sturdy weapon, just not for me at the moment. I don't think you could go wrong with either!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts