Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

First of all, thanks for such a great website. I have been around here from time to time researching and such. Last week I brought home my 2nd Taurus pistol, a 24/7 G2 DA/SA Standard. After having tremendous success with my PT145 MilPro, I wanted a full size auto and didn't have to question which one... However after reading about the G2 and some experience others have had, I thought I would weigh in on my experience today...

Now ya might be thinking, oh boy - more issues... you're wrong! Here is my experience with the weapon:

After taking it home, I broke it down to the basics and gave it a good cleaning with my favorite cologne, Hoppes #9. I do this with all new toys, as should we all. I then loaded the mags and let them sit for a couple of days... Today I went to the range over the lunch hour and only had time to run a 100 rounds through it. All I had were Remingon UMC target loads, nothing spendy. While going through the first 2 mags, I adjusted the sights. As with most, it was hitting low. I am happy to report that out of 100 rounds, I had the following: FTF=0, FTE=0, absolutley NO hiccups at all. Truthfully, I was worried but no more!

On another note, the trigger is indeed HEAVY, but that's ok with me for what I intend with this weapon. I can actually shoot better groups at 10 yards with my MilPro - at least for now. I included a picture of my last MilPro session which hopefully is attached to this post. NOW... for my weapon the first pull of the trigger is DA. All followup shots are SA, even after a mag change. This is consistent with how I understand it should work. I love the decocker on it as well - that will be a nice feature for carry.

Anyways, I don't want to ramble on. I just thought I would share my experience with you. Granted, I have several hundred more rounds to go to ensure proper break in. Tonight I will break out the Hoppes#9 for another scrubbing!

Shoot on!
Colofire

Attachments

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Congrats! Good shooting with the Milpro at 10 yards.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
After 1300 rounds I still can't shoot that well with my pt-111.
Do you give lessons?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Congrats! Happy to read your positive review. While I've had some 'issues', I still like the gun very much, but mine is now at 'third strike', and was shipped back to Miami tonight for a replacement.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, and thanks for sharing your most positive review of your new pistol with us!

I can honestly say that my decision to join this forum has provided me with countless hours of enjoyable reading, posting, and exchanging information and experiences with the guys and gals of TaurusArmed.net.

As a bonus, I’ve also made a lot of great friends along the way, too, who have greatly enriched my life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts